Enter the Ajax Chat from the profile

Started by Tom64, June 09, 2012, 11:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom64

Hi everybody,

I'm using the Ajax Chat in my 1.1.16 with several chatrooms and I would like to enter one of them directely from my profile.
I've tried a few links, but probably not the right caught. So how can I enter the room of my choice with one link?

Many thanks and kind regards.
Meine Frage wäre auch was für dein Forum ?
Schreib es drunter. Wenn viele die Antwort wollen, haben wir vielleicht mehr Glück  :)

Danke an alle die die hier helfen  :)

kat

I assume you mean this mod:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319

If so, they author of the mod will have more idea on how to do that.

So, I'd suggest that you post in the mod's support topic, about this.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.0

If it's not that mod, you can access the support topic for the mod from it's download page. :)

Tom64

Schreib es drunter. Wenn viele die Antwort wollen, haben wir vielleicht mehr Glück  :)

TheListener

As I have already stated  in the mods support topic.

It cannot be done.

Arantor

Oh please, don't give me 'cannot' anything. It can, just it requires a little custom coding. And it's not even a lot, if you're willing to put up with a little code diving.

So, what chatroom do you want to enter from your profile?

TheListener

Quote from: Arantor on June 09, 2012, 01:44:41 PM
Oh please, don't give me 'cannot' anything. It can, just it requires a little custom coding. And it's not even a lot, if you're willing to put up with a little code diving.

So, what chatroom do you want to enter from your profile?

It's the Ajax chat Integration mod the OP uses.

Arantor

Yes, yes I know. I looked at the code, I know a way to do it, just it requires a little custom coding. Just because you can't easily do it from the admin panel doesn't mean it can't be done. It just means YOU can't do it.

TheListener

I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

Best left to the experts I say.

Arantor

So wouldn't it have been better to say that than to declare 'it cannot be done'? Though, in a way it's probably a good thing you did, because had you not, I don't think I would have looked at how to do it.

Tom64

Oh, I didn't want to cause any trouble...

Although I am glad that you think it can be done up by a coding.

From the profile each room must be selected. That means all rooms should appear in all profiles.

Thanks a lot! :)

TheListener

Quote from: Tom64 on June 11, 2012, 12:11:17 AM
Oh, I wanted to cause any trouble...

From the profile each room must be selected. That means all rooms should appear in all profiles.

As an FYI the rooms (which are actually the boards on the forum) can be removed and the main one given a new name.

Arantor

Quote from: Tom64 on June 11, 2012, 12:11:17 AM
Oh, I didn't want to cause any trouble...

You can't just do that from a single link, it would pretty much be one room per URL. So there would be a lot of links on the profile. Is that what you want?

Biology Forums

Everything can be done with coding...

Arantor

Yes, it probably can, but 1) that wasn't what was asked for, 2) it raises performance concerns, 3) it raises usability concerns and 4) the odds are it's not actually what he wants anyway.

Which is why I asked what he wanted.

Tom64

What I want:
All chatrooms should be available in the profile so you can choose one of them.

Perhaps it is possible to take the selection, which ist already existing in the chat? And transmit it to the profile...
Or create some new buttons (one for each room) in the profile?

Of course there have to be a few links, not only one... :)

Arantor

Why though? I can't think of a less efficient and more fragmented way to get people talking to each other.

Advertisement: