News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Help] my forum opens like distorted?

Started by nicksahil, June 10, 2012, 04:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Antes on June 10, 2012, 08:13:45 AM
May i ask can you use Ctrl+F5 function on your browser and try again ?

First entered
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://forum.thetechfizz.com/?Themes/Glacier/css/index.css?fin20;PHPSESSID=6374b47a974f4be9accd9d28efb99528" />
After Ctrl+F5
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://forum.thetechfizz.com/Themes/Glacier/css/index.css?fin20" />

I was talking to Marcus Forsberg and be believes Ante's right! I do too, your CSS link is wrong on every initial page load.

Can you please attach your index.template.php for me? The one in the folder of the theme you're using. If there's none there, the one from the default one :).

Also can I have the complete list of mods from Admin > Packages > Installed packages please?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

MrPhil

You're not loading the CSS consistently, probably due to an underpowered server. In admin, try turning off the reverse host lookup function -- that may free up enough cycles for your server to consistently deliver the .css file(s). If you're consistently not getting CSS files ("distorted" page), check your page source (in the browser View > Page Source) to see where it's trying to pick up the .css file(s) from, and whether a path needs to be corrected or files moved to the right place. Do this on both the "distorted" pages and on good pages, to see if there's any difference in the HTML being delivered (there probably isn't).

Arantor

-sigh-

No, no it isn't that at all. It's the stupid hack that people put in to remove index.php from the URL. Because of that hack messing with $scripturl, certain other things that expect it to be there then fail, in particular the system which injects PHPSESSID into URLs. It ends up injecting them into theme URLs and promptly breaking everything. If you notice it works on the second load, that's because PHPSESSID was set as a cookie and thus the reinjecter doesn't get run because it doesn't have to be.

Whether that's a fault in SMF or not is debatable, since it works entirely as designed out of the box and isn't designed to be messed with.

Undo the change that removed index.php from the URL and it will all work consistently and not distorted.

Jade Elizabeth

Ahh okay! Maybe you should link that other guy to this topic ha ha.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

nicksahil

OMG Arantor Bro, You are genius :) Now everything is working good :) :) :)

Thanks storman, jade, mrphill, Antes and a Big thanks to Arantor. :)

Advertisement: