Enhanced login features - site registration from social networks

Started by GreggoryShaw, December 22, 2011, 12:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreggoryShaw

Offer site registration and login with Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Yahoo! and other social networks.

This should cover the majority of users!

Here is a sample login page:

http://www.os2notes.com/testpage.html

Greggory

vbgamer45

Would be a good default feature to have. I have a paid addon that does this using third party api's and integrates with SMF.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

For the same reason that such a linkage is not standard in WordPress and others... because they depend on third party sites. That's why....

We've said it several times already...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dawyndham

On a similar note, what are the possibilities of including multi-factor authentication, say Google Authenticator into the mix?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

青山 素子

What might be more likely would be conversion of the login system to an API that can take multiple backends, including for remote services. I can see that being useful as it would then also allow LDAP logins.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

dwd2000

Whichever way SMF does it, I think it would have such an advantage over other programs out there.
It will also allow webmasters to actually master their webs, rather than trying to figure out "How to" do something.
30 years ago I was young and foolish.
Now I'm just young.

DAMMIT JIM...I'M A TWEAKER...NOT A CODER!!!

Dave's Games

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: