News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[2.1?] "User xx has blocked your personal message."

Started by kat, June 11, 2012, 04:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

Quote from: IchBin™ on June 11, 2012, 05:33:04 PM
How does it know who you're sending it to until you hit send?

Simple! When you enter the name in "To/CC/BCC" !!!!!
(Even an autocomplete is there, why not such check?)
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Kindred

Quote from: CoreISP on June 11, 2012, 06:01:09 PM
It could perhaps use something ajax'ey to check if the username you have in the receivers list has ****** blocked.
Probably a bad idea though.... speaking of overhead.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SMiFFER

Quote from: IchBin™ on June 12, 2012, 02:39:17 PM
Better yet don't even show a send message link if someone has blocked you. :)

That is the BEST and only logic idea! Well thought!!!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Bigguy

Why not instead of a send message link there is a you've been blocked message. Or just blocked text.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on April 02, 2018, 08:26:27 AM
Quote from: CoreISP on June 11, 2012, 06:01:09 PM
It could perhaps use something ajax'ey to check if the username you have in the receivers list has ****** blocked.
Probably a bad idea though.... speaking of overhead.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Irisado

Raising this topic once to post very little in the way of content was just about okay, but twice is pushing the envelope too far, so I'm locking it.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: