1.1.x > 2.0.2 upgrade problems

Started by SnowmanDK, June 12, 2012, 06:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnowmanDK

Oh I still wait for the instructions ;)

SnowmanDK

emanuele

yups, sorry lost that from the radar...

Okay, now it's a bit late here and I should re-read the topic in order to avoid give you some wrong instruction (I'm even a bit sleepy...), but still there is one that could be easy:
remove this piece from upgrade_1-1.sql
---# Updating indexes on "themes"...
ALTER TABLE {$db_prefix}themes
DROP PRIMARY KEY,
ADD PRIMARY KEY (ID_THEME, ID_MEMBER, variable(30)),
ADD INDEX ID_MEMBER (ID_MEMBER);
---#

If the upgrade continues, at the end you will check the themes table and you'll drop the primary key, the re-create the primary key according to the line:
ADD PRIMARY KEY (ID_THEME, ID_MEMBER, variable(30)),
and the index
ADD INDEX ID_MEMBER (ID_MEMBER);

Sorry again...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

SnowmanDK

Well... Now it does this:
Updating and creating indexes... Successful!
Updating indexes on "messages"... Successful!
Updating table indexes... Successful!
Reordering boards and categories... Successful!
Updating indexes and data on "smileys"... Incomplete.

and then it shows the message below and stops:
Table 'tss_personal_messages' already exists

emanuele

What version of MySQL do you have?
Do you have any particular MySQL setting? (that you are aware of, of course ;))
Are you upgrading from the browser or from the CLI?

Asking all these because I'm wondering why you are getting all these errors while you shouldn't... :-\

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

SnowmanDK

Quote from: emanuele on August 05, 2012, 11:16:28 AM
What version of MySQL do you have?
Quote from: emanuele on August 05, 2012, 11:16:28 AMDo you have any particular MySQL setting? (that you are aware of, of course ;))
Made no special settings during installation, so I think not.
Quote from: emanuele on August 05, 2012, 11:16:28 AMAre you upgrading from the browser or from the CLI?
Browser.

P.S.: Sorry about all the trouble :/

emanuele

Quote from: SnowmanDK on August 05, 2012, 04:56:23 PM
P.S.: Sorry about all the trouble :/
Nothing to apologise for. ;)

I just tried an upgrade with a similar version of MySQL (5.5.16), from browser (with or without javascript) and from CLI, interrupting the upgrade and starting again from another browser...nothing.

I'm out of ideas at the moment...
You are using a test site, right?
Have you tried restoring the original database and try again with the changes to the upgrade?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

SnowmanDK

You're not gonna like this  :-[
I'm running all this on my main, as I am not wealthy enough to do a full test setup also, AND I didn't expect these problems  :o

Just tried a db restore, but not sure how original it is, as the first run where I choose to do a full backup failed DURING backup  :'(

After backup-restore and so on I tried again WITHOUT javascript active:
Updating and creating indexes... Incomplete.

I am getting close to giving up, and just restore my old 1.1.16/1.0.9...  :'(
It popped up with errors once in a while, but at least the forum worked.

Chas Large

You could try setting up a copy of the forum on a local PC using EasyPHP or XAMPP, either of which allow you to host onto a PC. Create a copy into a designated folder, copy the dB into the MySQL location and then just run repair settings to change the board settings to your local PCs paths.

Once done and the 1.1.x forum is up and running, take another copy of the settings.php file then try upgrading the local forum and see if you still get the same errors. If not it will prove to be a host issue.

I've used EasyPHP quite a bit and SMF works fine on it.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

SnowmanDK

Hi Chas. Thanks for the suggestion.
I will try it, if the experiments emanuele are doing for me doesn't work  ;)

SnowmanDK

Through the huge amount of patience and support by emanuele, it is finally fixed.
Sadly we never found what whas the cause of my problems.

What was done was I made an export of my full database,
which emanuele then imported on his system and ran the upgrade on.

Then I got the upgraded version back, corrected the paths, wiped my old database and imported it.
I installed the FULL v2.0.2 on my site, corrected the settings file and deleted the install files.

It now run without ANY errors at all. Again, thank you so much for the SUPER help and support emanuele :D

Side note: I can't say it for sure, but it looks to me like it might be a MySQL or PHP setting in my system that prevented the update, although it's pure speculation.

This topic may now be closed :)

Chas Large

My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: