News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Why do i have to refresh my site.....

Started by fma965, June 14, 2012, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fma965

ok thanks sorry for shouting but i had clearly mentioned that before :(. i will disable prettyurls and try again thanks.

File Attached Below

i think i remember something going weird with that something about duplicate function or something but i dont understand php much.

fma965

ok i fixed it i think.

forgot the edit i did to this file

$scripturl = $boardurl . '/index.php'; was changed to $scripturl = $boardurl;

thanks for the help. but how can i remove index.php without screwing things up?

Arantor

-sigh- So you DID put the hack in. Because that's the hack I was referring to which screws it up. I KNEW that's what you'd done.

You actually don't need to remove it, everything will work correctly without touching that.

fma965

yep :D. sorry but if i leave that in i will have the theme issue so how do i fix the theme issue and remove index.php?

i have another issue.

im trying to remove this mod "calling your twitter" but i get this error but i go to the file it says './Themes/default/css/index.css' and then i cant find any of the code that it mentioned (the find or the replace code)

here is the code

Arantor

As I already said, it IS NOT a theme issue. Remove the hack and everything else will work properly!

That hack is what's breaking the themes. It will apply to all themes for the first time a visitor loads the page.

You do not need to remove index.php from the URL, everything will just work perfectly regardless. You know, you could save both of us some frustration and just try it.

fma965

yo dude calm down jeez. dont bother helping people if your in a bad mood or something.

also check my post above.

Arantor

Excuse me, why should I calm down? I told you what the problem was several times, you were adamant that it couldn't possibly be that, then you confirmed that was exactly what it was. In short, you were telling me in no uncertain terms I was wrong over and over and yet then you tell me I'm right. So it just wasted both our time, and I can't really afford to waste my time like that, hence the less than pleasant suggestion that you could just try it and see what happens, in an attempt to avoid wasting any more time on a matter that could have been solved 24 hours ago.

If you have a problem with a mod, go ask its authors. They know its code better than I do, it may be that code is not required for your theme.

fma965

Quote from: Arantor on June 15, 2012, 01:14:44 PM
Excuse me, why should I calm down? I told you what the problem was several times, you were adamant that it couldn't possibly be that, then you confirmed that was exactly what it was. In short, you were telling me in no uncertain terms I was wrong over and over and yet then you tell me I'm right. So it just wasted both our time, and I can't really afford to waste my time like that, hence the less than pleasant suggestion that you could just try it and see what happens, in an attempt to avoid wasting any more time on a matter that could have been solved 24 hours ago.

If you have a problem with a mod, go ask its authors. They know its code better than I do, it may be that code is not required for your theme.

well have you actually read what your have wrote?
Quote from: Arantor on June 15, 2012, 01:03:35 PM
-sigh- So you DID put the hack in. Because that's the hack I was referring to which screws it up. I KNEW that's what you'd done.

You actually don't need to remove it, everything will work correctly without touching that.

this message isnt very clear especially this bit "You actually don't need to remove it, everything will work correctly without touching that." remove what? the theme? the hack? prettyurls? or what?

that mod is not for installing it but it is for uninstalling and for somereason it thinks

the code above is in the index.css file.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the HUMAN ERROR didnt realise you were perfect and do everything correct. next time if you dont have time why bother helping? it seems pointless.

Arantor

Quotethis message isnt very clear especially this bit "You actually don't need to remove it, everything will work correctly without touching that." remove what? the theme? the hack? prettyurls? or what?

Remove the hack, like I've been saying the whole time. Everything else will work as expected.

Quotethe code above is in the index.css file.

That's PHP code, not CSS code. Go ask the mod author for help.

Quotenext time if you dont have time why bother helping? it seems pointless.

Because this is a situation most people don't know how to fix. That's why I bothered posting because most people still do not realise that this problem is caused by this specific situation and even though I've been trying to educate people for the last 2 years that this is a problem, I find it still comes up as a support matter every few days.

Perhaps you're right though, perhaps I am wasting my time and all the knowledge I acquired about SMF's innards and that you would rather have spent more time fumbling around in the dark hoping for an answer.

I was wrong to try and help people so soon after other events in my life, I guess. Have fun.

fma965

Quote from: Arantor on June 15, 2012, 01:23:54 PM
Quotethis message isnt very clear especially this bit "You actually don't need to remove it, everything will work correctly without touching that." remove what? the theme? the hack? prettyurls? or what?

Remove the hack, like I've been saying the whole time. Everything else will work as expected.

Quotethe code above is in the index.css file.

That's PHP code, not CSS code. Go ask the theme author for help.

Quotenext time if you dont have time why bother helping? it seems pointless.

Because this is a situation most people don't know how to fix. That's why I bothered posting because most people still do not realise that this problem is caused by this specific situation and even though I've been trying to educate people for the last 2 years that this is a problem, I find it still comes up as a support matter every few days.

I know it is PHP Code thats why i am confused why smf or the mod thinks it is in the index.css file which it isnt.

Thanks for taking your time to help me and again sorry for the confusion although it seems you dont want to accept my humble appoligies so what else can i do? I completely forgot about the hack i did to that file and i only noticed it when you said about querystring i then used KDIFF to check the differences between stock file and my file and noticed the problem :). thanks again

EDIT: ok so it seems that the mod uninstall some how thought the index.css file was the settings template file i think i fixed that issue now aswell.

Quote from: Arantor on June 15, 2012, 01:23:54 PM
Perhaps you're right though, perhaps I am wasting my time and all the knowledge I acquired about SMF's innards and that you would rather have spent more time fumbling around in the dark hoping for an answer.

I was wrong to try and help people so soon after other events in my life, I guess. Have fun.

again thank you.

Advertisement: