Deleting mods

Started by nikkinoodles, June 22, 2012, 11:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikkinoodles

I posted on here about a month ago and still haven't been able to figure out what's going wrong with the site. I think I get 2 steps forward then I go look at the forum and see that what I just deleted makes the forum not work. Last night I went to delete users online today mod and then went to the forum and I couldn't get to it it said missing something in the board index file. so I reinstalled it and it "works" now. What I think we need to do is go back to the core basically a new site with NO mods. I've tried doing the large upgrade taking out the upgrade.php file, and that only seemed to make the problems worse. Is there anyone who is willing to help me figure out my problem? (My husbands getting discouraged and really wants this to work)

Thank You so much in advance
Nikki

Chalky

Apologies if this is obvious, but you are uninstalling the mods properly before you delete them, aren't you?

kat

"I've tried doing the large upgrade taking out the upgrade.php file, and that only seemed to make the problems worse."

In what way?

Just by chance, is that mod the last one you installed?

When you uninstalled it, did you get any errors?

nikkinoodles

Quote from: Sabrinova on June 22, 2012, 12:19:39 PM
Apologies if this is obvious, but you are uninstalling the mods properly before you delete them, aren't you?

I'm hitting the uninstall button in the package manager first. Is that the right way?

nikkinoodles

Quote from: K@ on June 22, 2012, 12:21:46 PM
"I've tried doing the large upgrade taking out the upgrade.php file, and that only seemed to make the problems worse."

In what way?

Just by chance, is that mod the last one you installed?

When you uninstalled it, did you get any errors?

It didn't fully uninstall the packages, some were still active and we were getting lots of errors in the admin panel error log saying to try reloading or different script errors.

I wish it was the last mod, I seen your sticky after I posted and looked into it.

It said it properly uninstalled it, I went and hit the forum button and I got a blank page saying it was missing line 70 on the board index, so I went back and re-installed it and it's "working" now.

kat

Quote from: nikkinoodles on June 22, 2012, 12:36:27 PMI went and hit the forum button and I got a blank page saying it was missing line 70 on the board index

You don't, by any chance, remember the precise error, do you?

It was probably saying that something that was called from line 70 didn't exist.

Maybe we could edit that line.

nikkinoodles

Quote from: K@ on June 22, 2012, 12:40:14 PM
Quote from: nikkinoodles on June 22, 2012, 12:36:27 PMI went and hit the forum button and I got a blank page saying it was missing line 70 on the board index

You don't, by any chance, remember the precise error, do you?

It was probably saying that something that was called from line 70 didn't exist.

Maybe we could edit that line.

give me about 30 mins and I'll do the uninstall again and then copy that

Thank You

kat

nikkinoodles

Here's the error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getUsersOnlineTodayStats() in /home/content/59/3601459/html/outdoortrader/forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php on line 70

Thank You
Nikki

kat

Can you attach /forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php to your next post, Nikki?

I'm sure we can get rid of that! :)

nikkinoodles

Quote from: K@ on June 22, 2012, 01:37:40 PM
Can you attach /forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php to your next post, Nikki?

I'm sure we can get rid of that! :)

Thanks! We've got a duplicate of it, it shows up 2 times on the forum, is there a way to keep only 1?

kat

The file, you mean?

One's probably a backup. If it's has a tilde in it's name, it's a backup. (That file, if you replace the current one with it, might even do the job)

kat

Try the attached.

Looks like the mod got installed more than once.

You MAY get other errors, when this one's fixed, as a result.

nikkinoodles

Quote from: K@ on June 22, 2012, 01:54:00 PM
Try the attached.

Looks like the mod got installed more than once.

You MAY get other errors, when this one's fixed, as a result.

Thank You I will give it a try. Yea that also happened after the last upgrade I tried to fix other issues, but by the time I realized it duplicated I had already written over the backup files I have on my comp  :-[ Guess I need to start keeping MORE backups and not just 1  :(

Thanks!

TheListener

Anther link to bookmark is the Mod Emulate one in my signature.

Btw don't foget to give K@ some K@nip.

:P

kat

Let us know how it goes. :)

If your forum gets a bit weird, you could always do a large upgrade and get it to it's virgin state, with members/posts, etc. intact, sometime.

Mods'll need to be reinstalled, of course. But, they'll all still be in "Packages". They'll just need reapplying.

nikkinoodles

Quote from: Old Fossil on June 22, 2012, 02:49:25 PM
Anther link to bookmark is the Mod Emulate one in my signature.

Btw don't foget to give K@ some K@nip.

:P

I will look into that one too :)
Thank you!

nikkinoodles

Quote from: K@ on June 22, 2012, 02:51:39 PM
Let us know how it goes. :)

If your forum gets a bit weird, you could always do a large upgrade and get it to it's virgin state, with members/posts, etc. intact, sometime.

Mods'll need to be reinstalled, of course. But, they'll all still be in "Packages". They'll just need reapplying.

Ok I'll be uploading it now :) My fingers are crossed.

If I do the large upgrade I'm supposed to leave out the upgrade.php right?

Thank you so much for you patience with all my questions, and helping me figure out what I've done wrong  :D

kat

's OK. We were all new at this, once. :)

You put upgrade.php in, along with everything else. Point your browser to it, do what it says, then, when it's finished, you delete upgrade.php.

Best to read my sig, before you attempt it, though, just in case. ;)

A bit of light, bed-time reading, for you.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

nikkinoodles

Quote from: K@ on June 22, 2012, 03:12:45 PM
's OK. We were all new at this, once. :)

You put upgrade.php in, along with everything else. Point your browser to it, do what it says, then, when it's finished, you delete upgrade.php.

Best to read my sig, before you attempt it, though, just in case. ;)

A bit of light, bed-time reading, for you.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

Thank You I'll look into doing the upgrade. I'm backing up everything now and I'll read this while I'm camping this weekend and attempt it when we're back on Sunday.
I tried the file you fixed, it kind of deleted it, but there was 8 errors everytime someone went to the forum, so I reversed it for now.

kat

What were the errors, out of curiosity?

nikkinoodles

I was smart this time and saved them ;D

kat

Clever girl! :)

That's that damned mod, again, by the look of it. :(

I think the upgrade's worth doing, then. It'll clear all that crap out.

nikkinoodles

I just backed everything up for just incase. I'll do the upgrade sometime Sunday and let you know how it goes  :) Gotta get back to my real job now :(
Have a good weekend

kat

Quote from: nikkinoodles on June 22, 2012, 04:48:13 PMlet you know how it goes

Ta!

Just off to bed, myself ;)

Good luck with it, Nikki! :)

nikkinoodles

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but I've been swamped  :(

Last night I finally did the large upgrade and it seems to have worked wonders  :) :)

Thank You guys SO much for all your help! You guys rock  ;D

kat

WooHoo!

We got there, in the end, then?

Glad you're sorted, young Noodles. :)

Advertisement: