News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[WIP/screenshots] FXTracker

Started by NanoSector, June 22, 2012, 04:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

A bug tracker for SMF :)

Features:
- Status switching (WIP, Resolved, Rejected, and a separate Requires Attention feature). The buttons on the Entry Index indicate the current state of the entry
- Requires Attention feature; notify other people that a bug or feature requires attention.
- Latest Features and Latest Issues
- Project Management; allows entries to be placed in projects, avoiding clutter
- BBCode in Entry Description
- You have your users in control; you can select what a membergroup is able to do in the Permissions panel.
- Edit entries, the easy way
- Notes/Comments; allows other users to comment on the entry.
- PM notifications; When the status of an entry has changed, notify the creator and possibly other people involved. (not yet, though works with notes)
- And more!

To-do list:
- Face the code and wipe the bugspray over it
- http://map3cms.co.cc/forum/index.php?action=bugtracker;sa=projectindex;project=1

Useful links
- Working demo
- GitHub page

Lots of features still planned. But I've already got a start on this, attached are a few screenshots from all 'round the place (outdated by now!)

Any thougts? Points I can improve the UI on? Maybe more functionality?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Robert.

vbgamer45

Looks nice will keep on a watch of it!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

NanoSector

Thanks, I'm glad you like it, and I'll keep you updated :)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

live627

I might replace Project Tools with this, depending on how things go. Looks promising.

NanoSector

Quote from: live627 on June 22, 2012, 04:55:59 PM
I might replace Project Tools with this, depending on how things go. Looks promising.
Thanks Live :)

I added a batch of new planned features into the first post. Gonna work on this tonight or tomorrow again, I'll get a load of stuff finished.

NanoSector

Okay, got another screenshot, how do you guys like this?

EDIT: Set up a quick demo for this.
http://map3cms.co.cc/forum/index.php?action=bugtracker

NanoSector

I updated the installation on my site, guests can view the bug tracker now, and regular members can add entries and do almost everything with their own entries (removing and replying to something doesn't work yet, but I'll start with making removal work today!)

http://www.map3cms.co.cc/forum/index.php?action=bugtracker

vbgamer45

I agree with getting rid of ;id= in the url that causes issues with mod_security/support headaches.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

NanoSector

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 03, 2012, 02:41:09 PM
I agree with getting rid of ;id= in the url that causes issues with mod_security/support headaches.
Yeah, I'm working on that one, didn't I mark it as WIP yet? :P

EDIT: Marked as requiring attention too as it *is* getting priority if it's causing issues.

Mstcool

Awesome man its just like the help desk :)
But this is for bugs :)

When are you planning to release it? Because i will take it :)

NanoSector

Quote from: Mstcool on July 20, 2012, 05:10:16 AM
Awesome man its just like the help desk :)
But this is for bugs :)

When are you planning to release it? Because i will take it :)
I am still working on it, it has a lot of features to still be added before it's final release, I'd expect a release within a month.

Trekkie101

NanoSector

NanoSector

New version up & installed, enjoy :)

This version removes SCEditor and uses SMF's built-in buggyness. Also it has quite a few internal changes and the "New Entry" page is restyled. It also includes support for viewing only issues and/or features, removing entries now works, and the Info Center has been expanded a bit.
Even though a lot of bugs have been smacked there may be new ones (weird eh, bugs in a bugtracker? :P). If you find errors, please report 'em here :)

Special thanks to Arantor, Labradoodle-360 and emanuele which helped me a lot with fixing bugs and implementing features!

http://www.map3cms.co.cc/forum/index.php?action=bugtracker

That's all for now folks, hope y'all enjoy and I hope I get the editing of stuff fixed/redone tomorrow :)

Mstcool

NanoSector

Quote from: Mstcool on July 23, 2012, 04:13:34 AM
Where is the download?
Not there yet ;)
Sorry for taking a long time with that one, heh.

I want to finish the basic features before creating a package :)
So I'll have to finish an ACP and the Edit feature.

Mstcool

Alright. Good Luck. Thank you for making this. :)

NanoSector

Quote from: Mstcool on July 23, 2012, 07:45:34 AM
Alright. Good Luck. Thank you for making this. :)
No sweat mate, I love doing this kind of stuff :)

The Craw

Quote from: live627 on June 22, 2012, 04:55:59 PM

My thoughts exactly.

This looks great so far, keep up the good work. :)

Advertisement: