[WIP/screenshots] FXTracker

Started by NanoSector, June 22, 2012, 04:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Sure, not that big of a change, but looks nice in my opinion

Mstcool

What does FW mean? How come you blocked your personal message? Anyways remember the fancypost customization i asked for yeah lets leave it for now because i have to move my site a lot. This might be my last most active day online. As in i might not be this active from now on. Maybe.

NanoSector

Quote from: Mstcool on August 11, 2012, 11:54:41 AM
What does FW mean? How come you blocked your personal message? Anyways remember the fancypost customization i asked for yeah lets leave it for now because i have to move my site a lot. This might be my last most active day online. As in i might not be this active from now on. Maybe.
Oh, yeah, that stuff. Well I have not been able to do much work lately as I spend almost all of my time working on FXTracker lately.

Tbh I looked, tried a few things but the way I found was buggy so I don't really know of any other ways to get your request done -- I'm just a lad mocking around with code :P

(I don't block people's personal messages -- I have everyone blocked except those on my Friend list, to avoid spamtards and other people I don't like PMing me from doing exactly that)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Mstcool

Alright. Lol that means you hate me. :p because im on your blocked list for some reason.

What does FX even mean?

NanoSector

Quote from: Mstcool on August 11, 2012, 12:21:27 PM
Alright. Lol that means you hate me. :p because im on your blocked list for some reason.
Nah, I hate nobody except for spamtards :P -- I just forgot to add you to my friend list.

QuoteWhat does FX even mean?
Dunno, probably something like Effects, since I want the tracker to provide good functionality yet look stylish :P
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Mstcool

Ight and lol im on your block list for some reason then :/.

NanoSector

Quote from: Mstcool on August 11, 2012, 12:29:54 PM
Ight and lol im on your block list for some reason then :/.
Just added ya to my friend list.

Matthew K.

Quote from: Yoshi on August 11, 2012, 12:28:30 PM
Dunno, probably something like Effects, since I want the tracker to provide good functionality yet look stylish :P
Steal name ideas from your friends....tisk tisk :P

Mstcool

NanoSector

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on August 11, 2012, 12:34:18 PM
Quote from: Yoshi on August 11, 2012, 12:28:30 PM
Steal name ideas from your friends....tisk tisk :P
Hey you made a suggestion to me, I used that so yeah :P

MrMeteo

Hi Yoshi,

What a great project!!  :D

I was searching a mod like this from a long time! I was about to leave SMF
as I want something into forum software (better way for "Dummies" users),
but done so many time to have a "cute"  layout based on my site design.  :(

I share some stuff for "Dummies" trying to build quality weather website and want
to "encourage" users to push me a way farther... FXTracker could really help me!

Then, I feel like a kid in  a candy shop seeing THE biggest lolipop!!! Dad, could I have it???

Impatient to see a download link!!!  ;)

Thanks Yoshi!

JacquesD
hxxp:weatherbyyou.com [nonactive]

NanoSector

Thank you :)

I'm finishing the last few things up to release the first alpha; I hope it's out in a few days of hard work.

Though, are you sure that a bug tracker would suit a weather site? :P

MrMeteo

Hi,

Quote from: Yoshi on August 16, 2012, 09:49:54 AMThough, are you sure that a bug tracker would suit a weather site? :P
I'm not a weather site, but a ressource site for beginers wanting to have an easy one stop place
to be guided. I offer free templates, modules and library specific to weather "broadcasting",
my last one is an easy template updater. Software base are really living, with updates near weekly!

That bring me many "bugs" as all are always changing, but the "suggestion box" side is my biggest
interest as I want to plan instead of react; having poeple to "vote" on planning "to-do"s.

I know that I'm small, as the  "personnal weather broadcasting" market is small! But things are going good!

Jacques

NanoSector

Quote from: MrMeteo on August 16, 2012, 10:22:58 AM
Hi,

Quote from: Yoshi on August 16, 2012, 09:49:54 AMThough, are you sure that a bug tracker would suit a weather site? :P
I'm not a weather site, but a ressource site for beginers wanting to have an easy one stop place
to be guided. I offer free templates, modules and library specific to weather "broadcasting",
my last one is an easy template updater. Software base are really living, with updates near weekly!

That bring me many "bugs" as all are always changing, but the "suggestion box" side is my biggest
interest as I want to plan instead of react; having poeple to "vote" on planning "to-do"s.

I know that I'm small, as the  "personnal weather broadcasting" market is small! But things are going good!

Jacques
Ah-ha! Sounds like an awesome project :)

I'm glad if I can be of any assistance, in a bit :)
(you can see if you like it at my place, here: http://map3cms.co.cc/forum/index.php?action=bugtracker
As a guest you can't do much, though, it's mainly viewing as 1. guest support is still minimal and 2. I don't want the tracker cluttered as I use it, too :()

By the way I pushed some updates to GitHub for anyone interested.

MrMeteo

Hi Yoshi,

I don't know GitHub   :-[
I found you on it, with FXTracker and found "Clone in Windows" button
and think is a kind of svn acces, but it sound like a publisher utility
... I've ??forked?? you but don't want to stole things

Then, I'm sorry to bother you, but how it works?
(I'm IT manager but haven't used Git)

EDIT: I downloaded newest zip file and having done:
- Import in local phpMyAdmin, file smf.sql in same db as my SMF install.
- copy Sources and Themes folders to "merge" with smf local
- Run installfxt.php, but no output at all
- SSI is on root forum folder with installfxt.php
- I'm running PHP 5.2.17 locally.

Thanks,
Jacques

NanoSector

Quote from: MrMeteo on August 16, 2012, 12:26:15 PM
Hi Yoshi,

I don't know GitHub   :-[
I found you on it, with FXTracker and found "Clone in Windows" button
and think is a kind of svn acces, but it sound like a publisher utility
... I've ??forked?? you but don't want to stole things

Then, I'm sorry to bother you, but how it works?
(I'm IT manager but haven't used Git)

EDIT: I downloaded newest zip file and having done:
- Import in local phpMyAdmin, file smf.sql in same db as my SMF install.
- copy Sources and Themes folders to "merge" with smf local
- Run installfxt.php, but no output at all
- SSI is on root forum folder with installfxt.php
- I'm running PHP 5.2.17 locallt.

Thanks,
Jacques
That is expected behavior :)

I build in something that *should* redirect you to the forums but it doesn't work, somehow, therefore displays a blank screen :-\

Go to http://yoursite.com/index.php?action=bugtracker after logging in < That should get you in to the tracker.

MrMeteo

Thanks Yoshi!

All is good now!... I'm about to translate it in French!  :)

Jacques

NanoSector

Quote from: MrMeteo on August 16, 2012, 03:44:51 PM
Thanks Yoshi!

All is good now!... I'm about to translate it in French!  :)

Jacques
Awesome, thanks! :D

Do note that I will constantly be adding new strings into that file as development continues.
Also, don't touch things starting with %, they're needed for correct linking functionality :)

NanoSector

Things are going great :)

http://map3cms.co.cc/forum/index.php?action=bugtracker;sa=projectindex;project=1
Trimmed it down to just one page :D

I've marked the stuff I want to do before alpha as important. Until then a new update has been pushed to GitHub which extends the Admin Panel, and more things have been added and improved, even things I have yet to push.

NanoSector

Alpha is out!! :D

Attached ZIP package in the first post. It's still in the reviewing process, so be careful please, although I tested it and it's stable enuf' for general use :)

Advertisement: