Community Customization Reviewing program

Started by Suki, June 27, 2012, 12:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Hello everyone,

We are pleased to announce Community Customization Reviewing. This is a new program that will help the community to get more involved evaluating new mods.

In the past, mod and theme authors submitted their code to the team. The team tried the code out behind the scenes, and explained bugs and performance issues to the mod author.  For some mods, this is a lot of work, takes a lot of time, and there have been many complaints about how slowly the team has been able to review and approve new mods, and about how obscure the process always seemed.

Well, the new program is all about openness. Everyone will be able to see the review process and those who are interested on taking part in will be able to do so. If you want to help review, begin by requesting Group Membership for the Community Customizer group. To learn more about how this works, please see the How this works topic.

The board has been made public to encourage the community to participate. Occasionally, this means we will get some off-topic posts from community members requesting support, new features, release dates, and other stuff like that. But I decided it was important to open the process as much as possible. We can deal with a few off-topic posts.

For more information about Community Customization Review, please read The Community Customization Review process.

Thank you,
Jessica González, Lead customizer.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Arantor

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Robert.

The Craw

Awesome! I can't wait for this system to be fully implemented. :D

Marcus Forsberg

Aportadordelmix

Norv

Thank you for all the hard work you put in this program, Suki.

I'm confident that it will make a difference, and it is a difference which matters.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

mashby

QuoteThe board has been made public to encourage the community to participate. Occasionally, this means we will get some off-topic posts from community members requesting support, new features, release dates, and other stuff like that. But I decided it was important to open the process as much as possible. We can deal with a few off-topic posts.
The rewards outweigh the risks and I applaud you for this topic and its intent. Well made decision. Here's to many more! :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Antes

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

SoLoGHoST

This sounds great, noticed this board and group last week, have applied for it as well as applying the Dream Portal Team into it, but still waiting for approval.  Not sure if it would do any good to post up Dream Portal 1.1 on it, mainly because no modules, or template packages for Dream Portal will be public until Dream Portal is approved.  Therefore, it might be a bit difficult to review for many...  But, in any case, willing to give it a shot.

mrintech

Advertisement: