[Theme] Negative

Started by sloopz, September 03, 2005, 10:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

ok im now worried this is my first theme,

Its a mixture of SMF Default and Classical YABB SE, difference is it roughly what the Babylon would look like inverted.
Yet I have changed some colours to make it easier on the eyes.

Preview

I need to thank Tippmaster for taking a look for errors, Wix3l for pushing me in right direction and of course teaching me over last 3 years, and scottjess  for  helping with the  early problems, and of course both people who helped in fixing body.

Username - smf
password - user

Download (tar.gz file)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Elmacik

its simple. i think you should work on images more.
but neverthless congrats as i cant make a theme :D :P
Home of Elmacik

Deaks

thanks, I think I did well for my first theme considering I know NOTHING about PHP etc
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

xenovanis

It's too dark IMO, it's very hard to read. Also, you'll want to change the images of the linktree to adapt the backgroundcolor:

http://thelastbreathe.co.uk/test/index.php?board=1.0
http://thelastbreathe.co.uk/test/Themes/Negative/images/icons/linktree_side.gif
http://thelastbreathe.co.uk/test/Themes/Negative/images/icons/linktree_main.gif

And change the size of the images in the footer.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

forsakenlad

Quote from: xenovanis on September 03, 2005, 11:03:35 AM
It's too dark IMO, it's very hard to read. Also, you'll want to change the images of the linktree to adapt the backgroundcolor:

http://thelastbreathe.co.uk/test/index.php?board=1.0
http://thelastbreathe.co.uk/test/Themes/Negative/images/icons/linktree_side.gif
http://thelastbreathe.co.uk/test/Themes/Negative/images/icons/linktree_main.gif

And change the size of the images in the footer.

I agree with xenovanis about the things she says. I would also suggest changing the Who's Online image and the w3c/php/mysql images at the bottom ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

dtm.exe

It's not bad at all.  I really like the buttons.

Deaks

Quote from: sloopz on September 03, 2005, 10:44:34 AM

Its a mixture of SMF Default and Classical YABB SE, difference is it roughly what the SMF Default would look like inverted.
Yet I have changed some colours to make it easier on the eyes.

As I said it is based on what SMF Default would look as a Negative, compared to what it looked like, i thnk it looks better, but as you said its "IMO", but I shall look into sorting those images... always thought they looked odd.  I am a person of the Dark Side so I dont think its Dark Enough but im gonna leave it.  But thanks both of you xenovanis and forsakenlad.

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 03, 2005, 02:56:39 PM
It's not bad at all.  I really like the buttons.

Thanks Dan those took me about 2 minutes to make... all they are is the SMF Default buttons a  Negative..
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

dtm.exe

Quote from: sloopz on September 03, 2005, 03:03:23 PM
Thanks Dan those took me about 2 minutes to make... all they are is the SMF Default buttons a  Negative..

Really?  Looks copperish :P.  Very nice :).

Deaks

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 03, 2005, 03:04:01 PM
Quote from: sloopz on September 03, 2005, 03:03:23 PM

Really?  Looks copperish :P.  Very nice :).

Its amazing how good effects you can get with such a simple cmd ... they fitnicely with the site ... thats the linktree fixed working on images now
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

klumy

crazystu

you should replace the xhtml and css images with the ones from the classic theme, or make them actuall size. It gives me a "Count the pixels" effect atm...

But it's a very nice theme :)

Deaks

thanks both for the feedback,

They are al currently i think its 25x15 I reduced size as someone advised making them smaller to fit in with the theme
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

codenaught

Looks nice. I like the colors you used. Invert eh? :)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Deaks

Kinda... modified text colors etc slightly... was bored and took a screenshot of SMF Default, and was messing about in PSP and went to colours, negative and liked what I saw, so i went through and found out what the negative of all the colours were.  Just waiting for two things then its finished, tippmaster kindly agreed to try and sort the banner he made and my friend is checking to make sure it works on his test board.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Deaks

Oh Well theme is ready to be downloaded

Download (tar.gz file)

and its only for smf 1.1 RC2
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

1MileCrash

you cant use .rar files. Zip or tar.gz only.

(if you want to upload them by admin cp.)
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Deaks

Quote from: Tippmaster on September 05, 2005, 07:27:19 PM
you cant use .rar files. Zip or tar.gz only.

(if you want to upload them by admin cp.)

ok I sorted it you have .zip and .tar.gz and a .rar incase
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ExistenZ

Its nice...but my eyes cannot stand it. it is very...sharp...for my eyes.
Regards,
Andre

Deaks

thanks it took me a few hours to get used to it when making it, the colours work well in my opinion but its not a colour theme you would expect to be made.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: