News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

My suggestions for leading into SMF 2XX

Started by jsx, July 02, 2012, 11:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

QuoteThat is already there: admin > configuration > features and options > general: Enable buddy/ignore lists

Indeed this option is, I overlooked it. Thanks for the information.

emanuele I've a question for you explain me why fields to the password during the registration have different colour than the field to the login (white colour)

emanuele

The only fields with different color in the registration page are the password fields.
They are different...don't know the reason, I assume to better inform the user if the password is correct or not.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

jsx

QuoteThe only fields with different color in the registration page are the password fields.
They are different...don't know the reason, I assume to better inform the user if the password is correct or not.

I know, I understand, essentially should be white field to the password and if writing too short password or repetition of other passwords then this field should change it to the light red colour (if it is red) and then on green (if the password is correct). This is my opinion, as I see it, not necessarily somebody else must see it as I.

And I have another question to you emanuele:

I mean about this option: Allow to show the address email. Description of the option:

If this option is included addresses email of users instead of to be concealed for members of groups and guests will be visible publicly on the forum...

So I ask if this option isn't included so a e-mail in profile e.g. of Administrator, Moderator, User in the group e.g. Vip of the Forum, the e-mail of Users isn't visible for someone who visit profile? I mean that I don't want to other user in group or without group after the entry for someone profile had a preview of the e-mail of the user.

live627

QuoteThe only fields with different color in the registration page are the password fields
Don't forget the username, too...

QuoteThey are different...don't know the reason, I assume to better inform the user if the password is correct or not.
Indeed. Red of not acceptable, green if it's okay.

Quoteif writing too short password or repetition of other passwords then this field should change it to the light red colour
It stays red if pass is  too short.

QuoteI mean about this option: Allow to show the address email. Description of the option:

If this option is included addresses email of users instead of to be concealed for members of groups and guests will be visible publicly on the forum...

So I ask if this option isn't included
In 2.0.2 it is a  bit different to 1.1.x; it is renamed to "Allow users to email me?" and it is unchecked by default.

jsx

QuoteIt stays red if pass is  too short.

I write one more time, currently now the field of the password during the registration is red and shouldn't be white? The same as field to the login. So if it would be field for password white then if someone write too short password or in repeating the password other password than higher then this field should change to the colour red informing that the password is too short or bad repeated. It's the same when the password is correct, that is if somebody writes correct password field is changing on green. Now currently field to the password is red and I don't understand why is red, should be white as the field on login.

QuoteIn 2.0.2 it is a  bit different to 1.1.x; it is renamed to "Allow users to email me?" and it is unchecked by default.

As for the option nobody wouldn't see e-mails of users after going the profile of users, I asked if the not turn on this option will lead to that nobody these e-mails will not be seen, so if some usual user or in the group after going the someone profile will see e-mail address or not?

MrPhil

Quote from: live627 on July 07, 2012, 07:29:26 PM
Indeed. Red of not acceptable, green if it's okay.

Quoteif writing too short password or repetition of other passwords then this field should change it to the light red colour
It stays red if pass is  too short.

Keep in mind that colors alone are absolutely unacceptable to indicate an error or any other status. People with color perception difficulties often will not notice the change in color, or fail to appreciate what it's trying to say. You MUST have something additional, such as a message or symbol, to flag the problem. For severe errors (hopefully a rare event), even blinking might work (it's something you should minimize in an interface).

Notice that even traffic lights do this: red is always at one specific end, and green at the other (note that this positioning varies from state to state!). That's why you don't see a single light that changes between green and yellow and red, although it could technically be done.

jsx

My new suggestion as to introduce a new option to the SMF 2xx

Please add the option: hide the address email? – in configuration of profile. As it is in the SMF 1.1xx

Arantor

It's already there, but switched slightly.

SMF 1.x assumed that people would be sharing by default, 2.0 does not but instead assumes people are hidden by default and you have to turn it on to show it, see Profile > Account Settings > Allow users to email me

But it will then take users to a form to send an email instead of actually sharing the user's email with you... all round a better solution.

emanuele

Quote from: rimh101 on July 07, 2012, 05:31:58 AM

I mean about this option: Allow to show the address email. Description of the option:

So I ask if this option isn't included so a e-mail in profile e.g. of Administrator, Moderator, User in the group e.g. Vip of the Forum, the e-mail of Users isn't visible for someone who visit profile? I mean that I don't want to other user in group or without group after the entry for someone profile had a preview of the e-mail of the user.
Not sure what you are asking here: simply don't check this box and the users (apart those with the "manage members" (in normal conditions admins) permission I think) will not be able to directly see any email address.

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

jsx

Quote from: Arantor on July 09, 2012, 11:56:33 AM
It's already there, but switched slightly.

SMF 1.x assumed that people would be sharing by default, 2.0 does not but instead assumes people are hidden by default and you have to turn it on to show it, see Profile > Account Settings > Allow users to email me

But it will then take users to a form to send an email instead of actually sharing the user's email with you... all round a better solution.

I understand, but I mean the option of to hide the email address for each user. I mean that there is an option hide the e-mail address which no user after going the profile of some user can't see his e-mail address.

Quote from: emanuele on July 09, 2012, 03:14:55 PM
Quote from: rimh101 on July 07, 2012, 05:31:58 AM

Not sure what you are asking here: simply don't check this box and the users (apart those with the "manage members" (in normal conditions admins) permission I think) will not be able to directly see any email address.

I mean to be introduce option in the panel the administrator which is hiding e-mail addresses for all people on the forum: guests, users, users in groups, apart from of course the Administrator and the Moderator, the point is that no user can't see publicly address e-mail  let's assume my as administrator or there some other user.

emanuele

By default in SMF 2.0 the emails are not visible to anyone apart from administrators.
I'm still not sure how this is different from what you have asked before.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

For example, on this very forum....

you won't see anyone's email address....   even if they have chosen to allow other users to email them, you don't get to SEE the email address, it just triggers a form, which is then sent to the user.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

Quote from: emanuele on July 10, 2012, 05:14:17 AM
By default in SMF 2.0 the emails are not visible to anyone apart from administrators.
I'm still not sure how this is different from what you have asked before.

Super, this is what I wanted to know, thanks for answer.

Quote from: Kindred on July 10, 2012, 07:49:04 AM
For example, on this very forum....

you won't see anyone's email address....   even if they have chosen to allow other users to email them, you don't get to SEE the email address, it just triggers a form, which is then sent to the user.

I understand, thanks for information.

jsx

I have such a suggestion as for SMF 2xx, let's assume is the thread and in this thread is bad title assume Alicee has a cat and in this thread are added answers from users and to change the name of the thread on correct at the author  ought to editing this thread and correct the title on Alice has a cat, but still at the users who added the answers is seen the bad title as answer on Alicee has cat, so at them ought to editing their message, I propose to introduce such a function that will be allow the change at everyone, if at the author of the thread improve the title at everyone automatically a title should improve. (If this option is possible).

emanuele

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3167

;)

Also, please open a different topic for each request, otherwise it would become difficult to properly track and evaluate everything.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

jsx

I understand, I must to every my new suggestion create the new thread? I can't write in this current?

As for it plug-in, is a possibility such an option with editing of this thread will be available in SMF 2.1? Option which for itself it will be possible to turn on or turn off

emanuele

Quote from: rimh101 on July 15, 2012, 03:51:58 AM
I understand, I must to every my new suggestion create the new thread? I can't write in this current?
Yes, it's better to have one request, one topic.

Quote from: rimh101 on July 15, 2012, 03:51:58 AM
As for it plug-in, is a possibility such an option with editing of this thread will be available in SMF 2.1? Option which for itself it will be possible to turn on or turn off
No, I don't think it will be in 2.1.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

jsx

I understand, but think about such a function in SMF 2xx sometime, thank you for the information.

jsx

emanuele I have a question in relation to this modification which you gave to me in the link to the change of name of the subject after the click to the button RENAME TOPIC appearing a table for the change of name of the subject, only this table has some mistake, I marked it on the screen:
i47.tinypic.com/2ngae6p.jpg
with red arrows, next the Rename Topic inscription isn't showing the picture probably as well as under the Topic Subject inscription is long white field of which it should not be. I install TopicRenamer_2.2 on SMF 2.0.2, you know why such a mistake is appearing? Maybe report it to the author of this modification?

emanuele

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: