Hide all members within a selected membergroup

Started by FireDitto, July 02, 2012, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireDitto

Okay; I've done a few searches and found a few similar topics but they've all been for the 1.x version and I'm running 2.0.2 so... Yeah.

What I'm looking to do is; I have one group 'Inactive' (ID 19) to which members are assigned when they (you guessed it) become Inactive. However, this makes the member list look somewhat uninviting and clogged up until they reach the additional time limit to be deleted.

What I'd like, is that when a member is applied to the group 'Inactive' they are, for all intense and purposes, no longer counted/appear in all the various places - namely the memberlist. However, they are still a member, and still able to post in the applied boards. They simply do not show up on the memberlist.

I believe in InvisionFree (or one of those forums) there is the ability to choose whether a membergroup is visible or not on the memberlists when you set it up. That would be a great option but I'm willing to go with whatever is offered!

Thank you!

SMF: 2.0.2
TP 1.107
A bazillion other mods.
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Akyhne

That should be fairly easy if it is only on the member list page you want to hide them.

FireDitto

Ideally, they would be both hidden and not counted in the member-count lists when the membergroup in question is assigned.

Eg, there are truly 200 accounts on site, but 70 of those are labeled as Inactive, so the site reports there are only 130 accounts. The accounts cannot be seen on the memberlist, but otherwise aren't really hidden or denied anything. Simply that when they are marked as Inactive, the site fails to include them in the memberlist or in census counts.

Does that make sense?

Akyhne

Well, if the member group 19 is the primary one for those members, it shouldn't be a big deal.

FireDitto

It is the primary membergroup, yes.

So. Any ideas how this would be achieved?

NetFlag

I think the group_id is not requested in this place by default. My idea is only hide members by id. In Memberlist.template.php:
Find:
// Assuming there are members loop through each one displaying their data.
if (!empty($context['members']))
{
foreach ($context['members'] as $member)
{

after that:
if (in_array($member['id'], array(x,y,z))) continue;

Replace x,y,z with the member ids you want to hide. Not as well what you wanna have. Take it as a suggestion.

FireDitto

Thanks, NetHunter. That's useful but it isn't really what I'm after.

Thank you any how =)

Advertisement: