News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How do I add my avatar and sig?

Started by yeehi, July 06, 2012, 10:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeehi

I have had a look, but I am afraid it is not clear to me how I can add a picture / sig.
There doesn't seem to be anything I can click on.

By the way, these Captcha images are tough! Is it possible to get some easier to solve captcha images installed? Or have you tried that and ended up with more spam?

Perhaps there is a setting where once you have proved you are a human once, you don't need to prove it every time you make a post! Or is that too easy to exploit?
Linux-libre [nofollow] ask for it
Trisquel [nofollow] a fully free GNU/Linux-libre distribution
Open Source does not mean Free [nofollow]   ]Earthlings [nofollow]

Arantor

Avatar and signature are not available on this site until you reach 10 posts.

The CAPTCHA images are the way they are (both registration and for the first 10 posts) to discourage spam. Yes having it on registration is generally too easy to exploit.

The more recommended method is a site-specific question to which the user has to provide an answer, but this is a very multi-language forum and SMF's Q&A does not support multiple languages, unfortunately. (It can be rewritten to do so but it's a surprisingly big job, having done so in the past)

Kindred

do note, this is not a support issue... this was a specific comment/question regarding the simplemachines.org site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: