keeps going back to forum index

Started by krypt0n, October 02, 2012, 10:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krypt0n

Whenever I try to delete a user, or go into a submenu in Admin, it takes a while to load (5-10sec) and then brings me back to the forum index. I have no idea why this is happening, but it keeping me from making a lot of changes on my site. It's weird because I can go into some submenus, like Forum --> Boards. But then when I try to go to Configuration --> Features and Options, it will go back to indx. It's does this with a number of other sections as well, but not all of them. I can ban members, but cannot delete them. I've never had anything like this happen before, please help. Thanks.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

krypt0n

SMF 2.0.1

Installed Mods:
Referrals System 3.0.3
SimpleColorizer 1.1 
Highslide 4 SMF 0.8.1
Aeva Auto-Embed Video & Audio 7.2
Global Headers Footers 2.0.1
Minimum Characters or Words Mod 1.1.2

Not Installed Mods:
Member Color Link 3.1
Adk Blog 2.0
Advanced Reputation System 1.8.3
nCode Image Resizer 1.3.1
Ad Managment    3.0.1
SMF Social Groups Lite 2.1

Kindred

well, for one, upgrade to 2.0.2.

not sure what else might be causing your problem...   but I would check the highslide (alot of people seem to have issues with that one installed)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

krypt0n

I upgraded to 2.0.2, and deleted all my mods besides Aeva and Simple Colorizer. Nothing changed in regard to the problem.

Kindred

hmmm...   do you have an .htaccess file set in your forum directory?
Слaва
Украинi

krypt0n

There is no .htaccess file in my forum directory. I don't know what's included in the file set though.

Kindred

OK...   I have no idea then...   such problems are usually an issue with badly configured "seo" mods and the htaccess. Or badly installed mods which kill the action arrays...
Слaва
Украинi

krypt0n

Okay. Are there any other steps I should take to fix this problem? If I backup my forum, and create a clean install, then bring the backup in, will this issue remain in the new install? Thanks.

Kindred

well, you can try doing a clean file-replace....

take the large upgrade package and upload/overwrite all of your fourm files in Sources, Themes/default and the forum root. (basically, everything except settings.php) and see if that fixes it...   if so then, carefully and with testing between, start reinstalling your mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: