News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to empty planty of spam posts

Started by fmben, August 09, 2012, 05:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmben

1.I have more than 200000 threads, how to empty them, and it's all belong to one period like the lastest 6 months, i just want to delete all of them with this period.

2.And i find that some of the table have planty of data, how to empty them, because the smf becomes slow now.
like:
log_actions
log_boards
log_digest
log_notify
log_search_subjects

can the above table just empty them? especially the the log_search_subjects, has 2,086,639 records!!

Thanks. And someone know how to block all the post that have links within the thread content?

ziycon

I would suggest looking in the mod site for anti-spam mods (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/).

Are there topics you would like to keep or do you want to just remove everything?

fmben

Quote from: ziycon on August 09, 2012, 06:54:25 AM
I would suggest looking in the mod site for anti-spam mods (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/).

Are there topics you would like to keep or do you want to just remove everything?

I want to keep topics. Just like i want to delete all the topics post in 2012-10-1 to 2012-10-10

Arantor

Well, you can do that manually with a query - but the odds are it'll break something else because of all the cross joins there are everywhere.

You could, as a simpler alternative, go into your profile and select 'quick moderation as checkboxes', then you can select lots of topics at once from the list of topics and delete them all conveniently.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I thought we can clean old topics via Administration Center » Forum Maintenance » Topics?

mashby

These wouldn't be old topics.
QuoteJust like i want to delete all the topics post in 2012-10-1 to 2012-10-10
Arantor's suggestion would prove more useful/effective and would be a lot more specific.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I humbly don't agree. And I was referring to OP original post. It is said it has 200,000 threads. It is mad to do it via ticking each threads as advised.
Quote from: fmben on August 09, 2012, 05:20:36 AM
1.I have more than 200000 threads, how to empty them, and it's all belong to one period like the lastest 6 months, i just want to delete all of them with this period.

Advertisement: