News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Question about Subscriptions

Started by Kimmie, July 11, 2012, 09:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

Why are there two in the log with weird data on them?

And yeah I figured that and is why I went by the "0" status when looking to see which ones were finished.

The one I had a problem with (echeck) finally showed up 4 days later. SMF probably needs to try and address this if they can. She was one pissed off camper because I got the money on day 2 from paypal but it took the site 2 more days to update it lol. I came really close to manually giving her that same sub which may have caused a problem when it updated.

I will see if I can start tracking them. I work 10 hours a day 6 days a week so I am not always on the site or have the energy to even mess with it. So far, the one with the echeck is the only one who has sent through any sort of complaint.

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't know how SMF handles echecks, but it might help if you increase the frequency of Paid Subscription Checks to more than once daily.

Admin -> Scheduled Tasks -> Paid Subscription Checks -> Interval

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kimmie

well the echeck one never actually updated. She ended up paying for it again with a credit card 2 days later. Its almost impossible to tell by the emails since it applies the exact same number to everyone. Only thing I can do is take her word for it and refund the other money i guess.

SMF needs to look into the echeck method because there is obviously a problem with it and I am venturing to guess it is because there is a delay. It never even showed up on the site as "pending" and it should have.

Kimmie

Ok I have had another error. Summary of email says Paid subscription handler could not find subscription log entry for member ID: 4354, subscription ID: 6. (full error is in log if you want to see it).

I think the problem may be that someone who is in a non post count group already (Supporter), tried to purchase one, and it couldn't move them to Subscriber.

Either that, or this problem here is affecting me

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=487522.msg3414651#msg3414651

Sir Osis of Liver

That looks like a subscription renewal that failed.  The member appears to have had a subscription, and either selected recurring payment, or tried to renew manually.

Post the error.

- R. Waters

Kimmie

No this isn't a renewal. She has never had one before. I have recurring turned off so they don't even see that option.

The "Supporter group" you see her in is not the Subscription Group. That one is called 'Subscriber'. The Supporter group is group I set up last year when I was taking straight donations and they got manually inserted into that group - and I think this is the problem. I think the sub service is expecting her to be in a post count group and she isn't. All she did was try to purchase a sub normally just like everyone else does.

Full error that is in my log  - their payment was verified by paypal on Sep 29, 2012

Paid subscription handler could not find subscription log entry for member ID: 4354, subscription ID: 6
transaction_subject: 30 Days Access Subscription
payment_date: 12:40:02 Sep 29, 2012 PDT
txn_type: web_accept
last_name: Lekkerkerker
residence_country: NL
item_name: 30 Days Access Subscription
payment_gross: 5.00
mc_currency: USD
business: [email protected]
payment_type: instant
protection_eligibility: Ineligible
verify_sign: AJl4KKzVXkcLClg4XT6PGa-XyJzgAxw67OqnLhT5DK3DlTWLR2.vCjX8
payer_status: verified
tax: 0.00
payer_email: zeppo.is@home.nl
txn_id: 0TK47262KJ372733B
quantity: 1
receiver_email: [email protected]
first_name: Amy
payer_id: Z3CQMMFKQW27A
receiver_id: 84UJRJ33GHQUA
item_number: 6+4354
handling_amount: 0.00
payment_status: Completed
payment_fee: 0.50
mc_fee: 0.50
shipping: 0.00
mc_gross: 5.00
custom:
charset: windows-1252
notify_version: 3.7
ipn_track_id: 571ce09f569b0

Sir Osis of Liver

Has nothing to do with the Supporter group.  Paid Subs thinks this is a renewal, and looks for the sub in the subscriptions log, but it's not there.  The subscription and membergroups are set up correctly.  The member has no active or finished subs in Profile, and txn_type is valid.  (This is the same error you got earlier when echeck payment failed.)

The function that does the lookup is in Subscriptions-PayPal.php -

// A private function to find out the subscription details.
private function _findSubscription()
{
global $smcFunc;

// Assume we have this?
if (empty($_POST['subscr_id']))
return false;

// Do we have this in the database?
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT id_member, id_subscribe
FROM {db_prefix}log_subscribed
WHERE vendor_ref = {string:vendor_ref}
LIMIT 1',
array(
'vendor_ref' => $_POST['subscr_id'],
)
);
// No joy?
if ($smcFunc['db_num_rows']($request) == 0)
{
// Can we identify them by email?
if (!empty($_POST['payer_email']))
{
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($request);
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT ls.id_member, ls.id_subscribe
FROM {db_prefix}log_subscribed AS ls
INNER JOIN {db_prefix}members AS mem ON (mem.id_member = ls.id_member)
WHERE mem.email_address = {string:payer_email}
LIMIT 1',
array(
'payer_email' => $_POST['payer_email'],
)
);
if ($smcFunc['db_num_rows']($request) == 0)
return false;
}
else
return false;
}
list ($member_id, $subscription_id) = $smcFunc['db_fetch_row']($request);
$_POST['item_number'] = $member_id . '+' . $subscription_id;
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($request);
}

In this case it should return 'false', but don't know where it goes after that.  Will have to poke around a bit.

- R. Waters

Kimmie

Why does the site think this is a renewal when it isn't? This person has never ever had a subscription and they are purchasing it just like anyone else would.  That part needs to be checked into as well.

The payment type on this one is "instant" - that is the normal type of payment everyone else uses. The only difference between this person and anyone else who has purchased one (outside of that one using echeck which SMF obviously does not recognize as a legit method) is that they are in a non post count group.

I just don't see that part as being a coincidence since that is the only real difference. I think once it is figured out why the site is treating this as an renewal you will find those things are related. "I" think  (lol), that the reason why it failed is because non post count groups can only be changed by Admin. Meaning I am the only one that can move them from that group.

Sir Osis of Liver

Paid Subs just changes the group number. It doesn't know or care if the starting group is post-based or not.  Look in your PayPal account and see if there are any recurring payments.

I believe the posted error contains all the info in the IPN, and I don't see anything that would flag this as a renewal.  Am unable to duplicate the problem.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: