Blue Evolution

Started by TwitchisMental, July 13, 2012, 02:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

Link to the theme

Blue Evolution is a clean and professorial dark blue and grey SMF theme.

TwitchisMental

I have updated the theme to fix a small bug. Please download the latest version.

Mstcool

Nice kind of looks like the blue fox theme. I'm probably gonna use this

Kcurek

Thanks for this skin. Some users of my forum hxxp:eks-man.pl [nonactive] very enjoy using it. But we've found an irritating bug - all input fields are moving after clicking in it. When you click beyond, they are going back. These are some screenshots:

I've got installed the following modifications: Post History 1.03, SMFPacks Shoutbox 1.0.4, Quick Moderation on Quick Reply 1.1.2, SimpleColorizer 1.1.
This is a test account data: test1:tester.
Please help me.

TwitchisMental

I cannot reproduce this problem in on my server.  This is most likely a plugin/mod problem. Have you tried disabling your plugins n seeing if the problem persists?

Kcurek

Yes, I've disabled Post History 1.03 and Quick Moderation on Quick Reply 1.1.2 for test, but I've not seen any changes. This problem has still persisted.
I'm sure that Simple Colorizer isn't guilty because it doesn't make any file changes.
For test I've edited Display.template.php manually for all installed modifications. As a result... nothing has changed.
The problem isn't fixed.

E: I'll give you my "version" of Blue Evolution, maybe this will help you find the bug: hxxp:www.4shared.com/rar/ON9ElEzh/BlueEvolution.html [nonactive].

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Kcurek on September 09, 2012, 10:53:38 AM
Yes, I've disabled Post History 1.03 and Quick Moderation on Quick Reply 1.1.2 for test, but I've not seen any changes. This problem has still persisted.
I'm sure that Simple Colorizer isn't guilty because it doesn't make any file changes.
For test I've edited Display.template.php manually for all installed modifications. As a result... nothing has changed.
The problem isn't fixed.

E: I'll give you my "version" of Blue Evolution, maybe this will help you find the bug: download - CLICK.
I still cannot reproduce the problem. Even using the version your using. I highly suggest you disable ALL plugins/mods and see if the problem continues.

thekingofzing

Hi there, I'm having issues with editing this theme to use famfam's silk icons instead of the default ones.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=486420.0

Any reply would be helpful :)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: thekingofzing on September 14, 2012, 08:44:34 PM
Hi there, I'm having issues with editing this theme to use famfam's silk icons instead of the default ones.

Could you give me a link to your site or a link to your modified version of my theme?

thekingofzing

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on September 14, 2012, 11:02:59 PM

Could you give me a link to your site or a link to your modified version of my theme?
Of course

http://jprpt98.com/ [nofollow]
http://filesmelt.com/dl/JPRPT98.zip [nofollow]

TwitchisMental

Quote from: thekingofzing on September 15, 2012, 10:06:25 AM

Of course

http://jprpt98.com/
http://filesmelt.com/dl/JPRPT98.zip

Okay the problem was you packaged the theme incorrectly. You need to zip the content not the theme folder.

I have attached the theme zipped in the correct format.

thekingofzing

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on September 15, 2012, 04:18:00 PM
Quote from: thekingofzing on September 15, 2012, 10:06:25 AM

Of course

http://jprpt98.com/ [nofollow]
http://filesmelt.com/dl/JPRPT98.zip [nofollow]

Okay the problem was you packaged the theme incorrectly. You need to zip the content not the theme folder.

I have attached the theme zipped in the correct format.
Wow something as simple as that
Thanks for your help

Colin

You will need to create a test account because as guests we don't have permission to view the forum section.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

TwitchisMental

Quote from: coby61 on December 28, 2012, 07:09:24 PM
i did what you told me and have one line red now
but i'm looking for the other one's to
thank you so far

I would need more information on the problem.

Like your site url and more details on what you did exactly.

coby61

http://elvishelpmemakeittroughthenight.org/index.php

i did change the collers i'm looking only for one now but can not find it in the css index
i like to change the gray line this is when we make a new caterogorie or board we like to have it in red

greatings coby

Colin

Quote from: Colin on December 28, 2012, 07:14:24 PM
You will need to create a test account because as guests we don't have permission to view the forum section.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Colin on December 28, 2012, 08:52:22 PM
Quote from: Colin on December 28, 2012, 07:14:24 PM

^What he said

coby61

have it

.titlebg, .titlebg2, tr.titlebg th, tr.titlebg td, tr.titlebg2 td
{
   color: #fff;
   font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
   font-size: 1.0em;
   font-weight: bold;
   background:#800000; url(../images/theme/titlebg.png) repeat-x;
   text-align: center;

but thank you both

TwitchisMental

Quote from: coby61 on December 30, 2012, 01:59:32 PM
have it

.titlebg, .titlebg2, tr.titlebg th, tr.titlebg td, tr.titlebg2 td
{
   color: #fff;
   font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
   font-size: 1.0em;
   font-weight: bold;
   background:#800000; url(../images/theme/titlebg.png) repeat-x;
   text-align: center;

but thank you both

Glad to hear that.

luxo

Blue Evolution? Mobile version?

luxo

question:

Can you expand the size of the width of the profiles? I mean you see profiles with comments.

Greetings.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: luxo on May 26, 2013, 10:58:39 PM
question:

Can you expand the size of the width of the profiles? I mean you see profiles with comments.

Greetings.

Could you provide more details? Or better yet a picture?

luxo

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on May 26, 2013, 11:50:51 PM
Quote from: luxo on May 26, 2013, 10:58:39 PM
question:

Greetings.

Could you provide more details? Or better yet a picture?

Ok, the idea is that the limit of the profile is a little wider (run it a little more to the right)

Greetings.

TwitchisMental

Ahh okay you will need to open up the index.css.

Go to poster and change the width to something more fitting.

Then also be sure you edit postarea width 1em higher then the poster class.

So if you put 12em for poster postarea will need to be 13em.

luxo

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on May 28, 2013, 05:14:09 PM

Sorry, but what lines would have to look at the "index.css" for editing?

Greetings, thank you very much.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: luxo on May 29, 2013, 01:32:50 PM
Quote from: NBK*Twitch on May 28, 2013, 05:14:09 PM

Sorry, but what lines would have to look at the "index.css" for editing?

Greetings, thank you very much.

A simple use of the find function would make it easy.

However if you would like just upload the index.css here and I can edit it for you.

luxo

I could fix it. :)
Now I have another question. Can you make a module or banner, which is visible only in the main part of the forum?. For example under the forum statistics?

Greetings and thank you very much.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: luxo on May 30, 2013, 02:03:01 PM
Now I have another question. Can you make a module or banner, which is visible only in the main part of the forum?. For example under the forum statistics?

What do you mean by the main part of the forum?  The board index?

If so yes you could simply by editing the board.index.template and find where you want to put it. The forum stats can also be found in this template.

luxo

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on May 30, 2013, 03:04:32 PM
Quote from: luxo on May 30, 2013, 02:03:01 PM

What do you mean by the main part of the forum?  The board index?

If so yes you could simply by editing the board.index.template and find where you want to put it. The forum stats can also be found in this template.

Perfect :) thank you very much!
Finally .. I would like to ask a question. Could you make an improved version of "Blue Evolution" but for cell phones?

TwitchisMental

I am not to updated with mobile web design. So not until I have the time to learn. I do everything in my free time as it is fun for me.

luxo

where I can edit, so that instead of "next birthday" say: "Today Birthday"

Greetings.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: luxo on June 19, 2013, 12:40:09 AM

Greetings.

You would have to edit one of the language files. Which one, I am not quite sure.

luxo

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on June 22, 2013, 10:59:27 PM

Greetings.

You would have to edit one of the language files. Which one, I am not quite sure.

the forum is in Spanish

TwitchisMental

Quote from: luxo on June 24, 2013, 02:15:53 AM
Quote from: NBK*Twitch on June 22, 2013, 10:59:27 PM

Greetings.

the forum is in Spanish

For your question the best place to ask would be in the Spanish support forum, someone will be more then happy to help you. Editing language files has nothing to do with the theme.

Jeremy M.

I have been trying to hours to find a way to remove the "Forum Icon Legend" at the bottom of the index page. . . Anybody have any suggestions?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: StormChaser83 on November 07, 2013, 10:17:41 PM
I have been trying to hours to find a way to remove the "Forum Icon Legend" at the bottom of the index page. . . Anybody have any suggestions?
IT is in the board.index.template. I have the code commented with Forum Icon Legend.

Jeremy M.

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on November 08, 2013, 12:48:28 PM
IT is in the board.index.template. I have the code commented with Forum Icon Legend.

Thank You! 

TwitchisMental

Quote from: StormChaser83 on November 08, 2013, 08:31:55 PM
Quote from: NBK*Twitch on November 08, 2013, 12:48:28 PM

Thank You!
Not a problem :).

melon123

Thanks for share this..........

Jeremy M.

http://www.big-blue-nation.com/index.php

Link is above. If you go to my forum, I have a small problem. . . On my menu (home, forum, etc), There is way too much "blue" on that bar. Is there any possible way that I can get rid of all of that "blue" that is not needed and to make it to where if I add buttons, it will add as much as needed for my new button?  Too much blue excess on that, and to me, it looks tacky. I am wanting my menu centered. I have it centered, but I don't think I done it correctly.

TwitchisMental

All you need to do is replace the menu images with something more your flavor.

Jeremy M.

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on November 11, 2013, 01:42:51 PM
All you need to do is replace the menu images with something more your flavor.

That's beyond my power. . I have no idea how to do that. lol   So, on my "menu" the blue bar i see is actually in image. . correct?

Jeremy M.

<div style="width:50%; margin:0 auto;">',template_menu(),'</div>

In that code, 50% is as far as i can go without messing it up. I am not quite sure why it works on the left side of the menu, but won't work on the right side of the menu. There is extra "blue" on the right side. If i can somehow eliminate that, I think my menu would center correctly.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: StormChaser83 on November 11, 2013, 07:52:04 PM
<div style="width:50%; margin:0 auto;">',template_menu(),'<>

In that code, 50% is as far as i can go without messing it up. I am not quite sure why it works on the left side of the menu, but won't work on the right side of the menu. There is extra "blue" on the right side. If i can somehow eliminate that, I think my menu would center correctly.
Just edit the CSS itselfs and give it a set width.

Jeremy M.

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on November 11, 2013, 08:19:01 PM
Quote from: StormChaser83 on November 11, 2013, 07:52:04 PM
<div style="width:50%; margin:0 auto;">',template_menu(),'<>

Just edit the CSS itselfs and give it a set width.

so the menu width is in the index.css file? 

Jeremy M.

See attachment

Messing with the width throws it off. Right now, in the index.css file, I have it set

#main_menu
{
background: url(../images/theme/menubg.png) repeat-x;
   margin-left: auto;
   margin-right: auto;
   width: 90%;
   height: 34px;
}

i've even tried messing with the margins, and that doesn't help either. . . What is causing the "extra blue space"???

TwitchisMental

That is again the background image of the entire menu. The most your going to be able to do is set a fixed width. Unless you recode the way the menu is set up.

Edit: Scratch that, do this -

Remove the background from main menu

then under the dropmenu li put -

Jeremy M.

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on November 11, 2013, 10:17:35 PM
That is again the background image of the entire menu. The most your going to be able to do is set a fixed width. Unless you recode the way the menu is set up.

Edit: Scratch that, do this -

Remove the background from main menu

then under the dropmenu li put -

Almost got it (see new attachment)

Jeremy M.

// Show the menu here, according to the menu sub template.
echo '   
   <div style="width:50%; margin:0 auto;">',template_menu(),'</div>';

The code above is the culprit.  When the width is set to 50%, the "guest" menu is perfect, but the member menu is all messed up. (see new attachment)

vanshmack

Just installed Blue Evolution on my 2.07 board and have noticed that some of the mods didn't migrate over.  Since I don't have a ton of mods, I decided that the easiest way to handle this would be to uninstall, then reinstall the mods.  Well, when I did that, Blue Evolution does not appear in the list of available themes to install in the mod.  It simply shows the old theme.

Did I miss something?  The original version of the board was 2.02, and when I updated to 2.07 under the old theme, all of the mods still worked, so I don't think it has to do with any version incompatibilities.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

RussaX

How do I change this white sticky background - https ://gyazo .com /1cdb69fff335e672acfd82fbf6f3ac08

The Domain Shop

Quote from: vanshmack on February 28, 2014, 08:33:09 PM
Just installed Blue Evolution on my 2.07 board and have noticed that some of the mods didn't migrate over.  Since I don't have a ton of mods, I decided that the easiest way to handle this would be to uninstall, then reinstall the mods.  Well, when I did that, Blue Evolution does not appear in the list of available themes to install in the mod.  It simply shows the old theme.

Did I miss something?  The original version of the board was 2.02, and when I updated to 2.07 under the old theme, all of the mods still worked, so I don't think it has to do with any version incompatibilities.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You should uninstall mods when installing a new theme anyway so that mods write to the theme files when re-installing them.

Is the theme shown on your server?

Uninstall all mods and this theme, log on to your server and delete the theme, then re-upload it through smf and re-install all mods?

The Domain Shop

Quote from: RussaX on February 23, 2016, 09:55:57 AM
How do I change this white sticky background - https ://gyazo .com /1cdb69fff335e672acfd82fbf6f3ac08

What do you mean "white sticky background"?

Gringoboy

Hi
Any idea how to get the main forum panel to completely fill and cover the black swirly background?
Many thanks!

Advertisement: