Blue Evolution

Started by TwitchisMental, July 13, 2012, 02:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

All you need to do is replace the menu images with something more your flavor.

Jeremy M.

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on November 11, 2013, 01:42:51 PM
All you need to do is replace the menu images with something more your flavor.

That's beyond my power. . I have no idea how to do that. lol   So, on my "menu" the blue bar i see is actually in image. . correct?

Jeremy M.

<div style="width:50%; margin:0 auto;">',template_menu(),'</div>

In that code, 50% is as far as i can go without messing it up. I am not quite sure why it works on the left side of the menu, but won't work on the right side of the menu. There is extra "blue" on the right side. If i can somehow eliminate that, I think my menu would center correctly.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: StormChaser83 on November 11, 2013, 07:52:04 PM
<div style="width:50%; margin:0 auto;">',template_menu(),'<>

In that code, 50% is as far as i can go without messing it up. I am not quite sure why it works on the left side of the menu, but won't work on the right side of the menu. There is extra "blue" on the right side. If i can somehow eliminate that, I think my menu would center correctly.
Just edit the CSS itselfs and give it a set width.

Jeremy M.

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on November 11, 2013, 08:19:01 PM
Quote from: StormChaser83 on November 11, 2013, 07:52:04 PM
<div style="width:50%; margin:0 auto;">',template_menu(),'<>

Just edit the CSS itselfs and give it a set width.

so the menu width is in the index.css file? 

Jeremy M.

See attachment

Messing with the width throws it off. Right now, in the index.css file, I have it set

#main_menu
{
background: url(../images/theme/menubg.png) repeat-x;
   margin-left: auto;
   margin-right: auto;
   width: 90%;
   height: 34px;
}

i've even tried messing with the margins, and that doesn't help either. . . What is causing the "extra blue space"???

TwitchisMental

That is again the background image of the entire menu. The most your going to be able to do is set a fixed width. Unless you recode the way the menu is set up.

Edit: Scratch that, do this -

Remove the background from main menu

then under the dropmenu li put -

Jeremy M.

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on November 11, 2013, 10:17:35 PM
That is again the background image of the entire menu. The most your going to be able to do is set a fixed width. Unless you recode the way the menu is set up.

Edit: Scratch that, do this -

Remove the background from main menu

then under the dropmenu li put -

Almost got it (see new attachment)

Jeremy M.

// Show the menu here, according to the menu sub template.
echo '   
   <div style="width:50%; margin:0 auto;">',template_menu(),'</div>';

The code above is the culprit.  When the width is set to 50%, the "guest" menu is perfect, but the member menu is all messed up. (see new attachment)

vanshmack

Just installed Blue Evolution on my 2.07 board and have noticed that some of the mods didn't migrate over.  Since I don't have a ton of mods, I decided that the easiest way to handle this would be to uninstall, then reinstall the mods.  Well, when I did that, Blue Evolution does not appear in the list of available themes to install in the mod.  It simply shows the old theme.

Did I miss something?  The original version of the board was 2.02, and when I updated to 2.07 under the old theme, all of the mods still worked, so I don't think it has to do with any version incompatibilities.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

RussaX

How do I change this white sticky background - https ://gyazo .com /1cdb69fff335e672acfd82fbf6f3ac08

The Domain Shop

Quote from: vanshmack on February 28, 2014, 08:33:09 PM
Just installed Blue Evolution on my 2.07 board and have noticed that some of the mods didn't migrate over.  Since I don't have a ton of mods, I decided that the easiest way to handle this would be to uninstall, then reinstall the mods.  Well, when I did that, Blue Evolution does not appear in the list of available themes to install in the mod.  It simply shows the old theme.

Did I miss something?  The original version of the board was 2.02, and when I updated to 2.07 under the old theme, all of the mods still worked, so I don't think it has to do with any version incompatibilities.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You should uninstall mods when installing a new theme anyway so that mods write to the theme files when re-installing them.

Is the theme shown on your server?

Uninstall all mods and this theme, log on to your server and delete the theme, then re-upload it through smf and re-install all mods?

The Domain Shop

Quote from: RussaX on February 23, 2016, 09:55:57 AM
How do I change this white sticky background - https ://gyazo .com /1cdb69fff335e672acfd82fbf6f3ac08

What do you mean "white sticky background"?

Gringoboy

Hi
Any idea how to get the main forum panel to completely fill and cover the black swirly background?
Many thanks!

Advertisement: