report to moderator error

Started by euripides, July 16, 2012, 09:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euripides

although I can see the reports, going to them produces this error:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

any ideas?
TIA!

euripides

sorry, forgot to add, am on 2.0.2

after a big server crash, I moved the forum to a different server.
everything else works fine.

kat

Have you tried going to Forum Maintenance and "Repairing errors"?

Maybe, too, try going to your site's CPanel and checking/repairing from there?

euripides

Thanks. Where in cpanel is the repair option?
Thanks!

Colin

Log in to your cPanel and go to MySQL Databases. Under modify databases you can select the database to repair.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Orangine

You can also try
Admin > Maintenance > Forum Maintenance > Routine

euripides

euripides

I get this!

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.2, while your database is at version 2.0 RC3. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Orangine

Get an upgrade package and upgrade the forum to 2.0.2 -> http://download.simplemachines.org/

euripides

I am running on 2.0.2

thats the weird thing  :-\

Orangine

No harm trying to upgrade again then. This has happened to me few times, and upgrading again helped.

euripides

last time I tried that upgrade, all hell broke lose...  :-[
must be someway to update just that sec ion of the DB?

Orangine

Sure thing, all you need to do is to track it down within the upgrade's .sql file

Arantor

Um, the odds are it's not that the DB needs an update but that something's sending a broken query to the DB instead.

So, Admin > Configuration > Security and Moderation > Include database query in the error log

When this error occurs, it will tell you what the actual error was which will help fixing things - far better than just screwing everything up with the upgrade process (which is well known to screw things up when you have mods installed)

euripides

Quote from: Arantor on July 18, 2012, 07:17:38 PM
Um, the odds are it's not that the DB needs an update but that something's sending a broken query to the DB instead.

So, Admin > Configuration > Security and Moderation > Include database query in the error log

When this error occurs, it will tell you what the actual error was which will help fixing things - far better than just screwing everything up with the upgrade process (which is well known to screw things up when you have mods installed)

just did it.
wait now?

Arantor

Wait for it to happen again then look in the error log for the actual error.

euripides

just got this:

bd9f7d3b43841adcc4fdea54d280ee4a

Type of error: Database
Database Error: Unknown column 'email_address' in 'field list'

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Database Error: Unknown column 'email_address' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO smf_log_reported_comments(`id_report`, `id_member`, `membername`, `email_address`, `member_ip`, `comment`, `time_sent`)
VALUES

Arantor

If you go into phpMyAdmin and look at the smf_log_reported_comments table, and into the structure tab, what columns does it tell you that you have?

euripides

euripides

euripides

sorry you meant this:
id_comment   id_report   id_member   member name   comment

Arantor

Yes, that's what I mean. I'm curious how come your table is missing multiple columns.

The structure of that table is:
id_comment mediumint(8) UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT
id_report mediumint(8) default 0
id_member mediumint(8)
membername varchar(255)
email_address varchar(255)
member_ip varchar(255)
comment varchar(255)
time_sent int(10) UNSIGNED

(at least that's what in my local test DB, may not be exactly the same, but certainly there's multiple columns missing and I'm intrigued as to why you're missing two columns in the middle of the table)

euripides

Arantor

Sure, by adding the columns back into the table. But I want to know why they disappeared.

euripides

how the heck do I add them?
as to why they disappeared....
I have no idea.
Any help how to to fix it?
my most humble thanks.

Orangine

Quote from: Arantor on July 18, 2012, 08:10:53 PM
Sure, by adding the columns back into the table. But I want to know why they disappeared.
my guess is they were never created, something went wrong during the upgrade process

Arantor

That's the part that *REALLY* confuses me. The table doesn't even exist in 1.1.x and it's been there in pretty much every release of 2.0 for years now. There is no reason the upgrade should have created the table and managed to ignore lines *in the middle of the create statement* which suggests something else went wrong.

euripides

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

euripides

Arantor

euripides

Orangine

euripides

Arantor

Nope, the upgrade won't actually deal with that situation. It doesn't know how to fix that, all it knows how to do is create the table if it doesn't exist. I *guess* you could drop the table then run the large upgrade but any mods installed will then need to be reinstalled.

Even recreating the table manually is going to be awkward because the exact statement is going to depend on the DB collation. It's all fixable it's just that it takes more time than I have right now to fix it.

euripides

Arantor

If I were doing it personally, I'd be charging my standard consulting rate of $70/hour (minimum 1 hour, like everyone else)

It would be easier to provide help if you provided more details from the page I asked you to go to before.

Advertisement: