Garage Mod Alternatives? Ability For Users to Upload Car Photos and Info?

Started by doctorbull, February 10, 2013, 06:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorbull

I have been following the Garage Mod progress and update, however it seems to still be slowly working out some bugs, and at least based on what I have read, isn't 100% clear IF it will get finished. (Not complaining here, as all great free things take time right?)

However, incase the project never finds its way to a conclusion.  I was wondering if there were any possible alternatives to Garage Mod?  Or Mods that might not be made with the intent of users selecting and posting pictures and information about their car, but that might be modified to do just that.

For Example: Hypothetical Quilt Gallery Mod
Change categories and info from "Size, color, and Material" to "Make, Model and Year" and now we are in business! lol

Just curious if someone has come across something maybe I haven't.  Thanks!

margarett

I am not totally sure, but I think that any of the several gallery MODs available can be easily adapted to include extra description fields to each image.
Maybe you contact any of the autors and present them your specifications?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

snowmastergt

Garage mods is now working for 2.0+ . I was wondering if anyway has got Garage Mod to work on 2.04. This is My site: hxxp:sickbydesign.net [nonactive], It is strictly a car forum so it would be wonderful if anyone had any insight on getting it to run. It returns several warning prior to install so i am hesitant to just install it being a newbie and all.

Costa

Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

snowmastergt

Garage Mod has a ton of great car related features. From what ive seen it looks ideal for what im looking for. Its just a matter of making it work. on 2.04

Arantor

Last I heard it was being totally rewritten to make it work on 2.0 since that's the scale of change required.

snowmastergt

Seems that it was re-written a while back to work with 2.0 but hasnt been updates much sense.

Advertisement: