Tiny Portal Child Board Request

Started by PhilH, September 04, 2005, 11:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redone

Bloc should have a child board called "Bloc".

I support the idea of a child board for the tiny portal.

;)

bloc

Miraenda

Hmm, maybe all childboards should be renamed to child blocs even ;D

Nah, that might be going to far :P

JayBachatero

I think they should have a child board for TP  I havent used it but ive seen it in action and it looks very powerfull.  Also i think it could develop into SMF CMS.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Isaac

redone

I think we are all seeing as sweeping push behind this demand for a child board for tiny portal. On a side note we all know bloc has done a lot of good in the community with his many excellent theme's and he has helped numerous people out.

Could it be considered a thank you for his contribution to the SMF community maybe?

;)

p.s I have added a poll open for seven days. Please vote.

azjr247

Tiny portal is a phenomenal addition!!  It makes any SMF forum bring out its best !!!   WE need a child board here !!   Nobody can deny the fact that Bloc was done so much to make SMF a popular Board out there !!!   8)

WSA

I agree.  Tiny Portal is absolutely awesome. 

Much easier to use than Mambo and it fits seamlessly into SMF.  Awesome work Bloc!!!!!

JayBachatero

Im beta testing it and i think its awsome,  im still trying to get used to certain thing bu so far so good.  i think im going to use it for my site.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

redone

The way I see this too right now most people find Tinyportal and assume that you need to be some kind of special tester. Well, yes you do need to register at Tinyportal and yes you need to post in a thread that says "I want to be a beta tester" but that is it!

Posting in one thread at tinyportal.net will get you access to this excellent portal. If you are reading this thread and are considering it then I suggest you give TP a try and you won't be disappointed.

~redone

WSA

beemer

Here's my vote for a "Bloc TinyPortal Child Board - BTPCB"   >:(
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

Redeye

I think that Tiny Portal and Bloc in particular are deserving of recognition.

My only negative against a child board is that Bloc would have 2 forums posting bugs, requests, etc., etc., . That may just produce duplicate posts for things that have already been sorted on www.tinyportal.net . IMHO I would think Bloc is better off without a child board a present, at least all the posts are hitting one board.

Bloc Rules!

mitchell784

I really havent heard anyone say no to this so I say bloc is owed at least this for making smf in a opinion so much better!
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

~Albert Einstein

xvian

i'd say it will be a form of recognition to Bloc for all his work done for SMF and TP to integrate it perfectly. a child board of course! :)

redone

I was involved in this topic in the beginning. I think from Bloc's feedback in the past he prefers one forum for TP support and right now that's www.tinportal.net

It has been mentioned before he prefers one location to track such things and I can see how that would make sense. Everyone is really grateful for bloc's hardwork both community members and staff members here.

:)

anunlike

I think it'd be cool if there was an area / board on here where announcements, updates, etc. could go for TP.

But, I agree that TinyPortal.net is enough for what he needs / wants. There doesn't need to be two places when one will suffice.

Advertisement: