News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to change the name "Child Boards" to "Sub Forums" or nothing at all.

Started by LotusJoe, July 27, 2012, 12:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LotusJoe

I am new to Simple Machine Forums. So far it works really well. I have installed version 2.0.2 on my web site. It is a automobile enthusiast forum. How can I change the name of "child boards" to "sub forums" or "sub boards' or nothing at all?

TIA
Joe

Kays

Hi Joe, welcome to SMF. :)

That was a common request at one time and I'm surprised there's not a mod for this ???

In the Default theme languages folder, open index.{language}.php where {language} is thelanguage you're using. Search the page for "Child boards" and replace the text to what you wish it to show.

Do backup that file before making any changes to it. :)

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Doburpally

S-ace did have a mod called "Rename Child Board | S-Ace" how ever he obviously removed it.
Here is a mod that changes the Child Board to Sub Board.

The advantage with S-Ace's mod is that you can change the name from child board to anything you like in the admin menu.

File attached for S-Ace's mod ;)
If you can't get the mod to work try to emulate a previous version e.g 2.0 RC5, go here for more help.

// Mod removed /Kays

LotusJoe

Thank you....it worked perfect.

Quote from: Kays on July 27, 2012, 02:10:06 PM

That was a common request at one time and I'm surprised there's not a mod for this ???

In the Default theme languages folder, open index.{language}.php where {language} is thelanguage you're using. Search the page for "Child boards" and replace the text to what you wish it to show.

Kays

Cool glad that did it :)

@Reaper.CSF. I've removed the attached mod from your post as it's unlicensed. That for the thought though. And the confirmation that there was at least one mod which did this. :)

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Doburpally

Oh sorry, I assumed that since he had made the mod and it was in the modifications area that it wouldn't be a problem. :-\
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind for next time ;)

faliro

Quote from: Kays on July 27, 2012, 02:10:06 PM

I can't seem to find index.{language}.php - any advice?

Illori

it is in your themes/default/languages folder

also next time please open a separate topic for your issue, this issue belongs to someone else, is a very old topic and is marked solved.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: