News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

quick reply and multi quote?

Started by chovy, July 27, 2012, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chovy

Is there a way to do quick reply and multi quote (from more than one post) in SMF?

Kindred

SMF has quick reply built in as a default feature.

multi-quote...   search in the mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chovy

I could not figure out how to do quick reply. Where are the settings?

Kindred

admin > Themes and Layout Settings > Member Options > Configure guest and new user options for this theme > Use quick reply on topic display:

of course, you could have used the wiki...
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Quick_reply
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chovy

Multi quote is corrupt when I tried to upload and install it.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

chovy

sounds risky. THe mod says it supports 2.0.

Kindred

2.0 and 2.0.2 are identical... except that 2.0.2 has security fixes...

that's why it is x.0.y...   major.minor.sub   major versions are incompatible, minor version may be or may not be, sub versions are almost always compatible
Слaва
Украинi

chovy

Here's the package info:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE package-info SYSTEM "http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info">
<package-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
<id>NIBOGO:MultiQuote</id>
<name>SMF Multi Quote</name>
<type>modification</type>
<version>1.1.3</version>
    <install for="2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5, 2.0">
    <readme type="file" parsebbc="true">readme.txt</readme>
    <modification>smf-2.x.xml</modification>
        <require-file name="mquote_remove.gif" destination="$imagesdir/buttons" />
</install>
<uninstall for="2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5, 2.0">
<modification reverse="true">smf-2.x.xml</modification>
        <remove-file name="$themedir/images/buttons/mquote_remove.gif" />
</uninstall>
   <install for="1.1 - 1.1.99">
    <readme type="file" parsebbc="true">readme.txt</readme>
    <modification>smf-1.x.xml</modification>
        <require-file name="mquote_remove.gif" destination="$imagesdir/buttons" />
</install>
<uninstall for="1.1 - 1.1.99">
<modification reverse="true">smf-1.x.xml</modification>
        <remove-file name="$themedir/images/buttons/mquote_remove.gif" />
</uninstall>
</package-info>

Arantor

And if you were to use version emulation, it would work.

To make the package compatible all you would do is add 2.0.2 to the list in the <install> and <uninstall> blocks (which is all version emulation does)

chovy

Arantor

No, it's quite specific, it means 2.0 final only.

The whole point of this ridiculous system (and make no mistake, it IS) is because the package manager does raw code edits, and sometimes you'll need different code for different versions, so it expects you to put all the relevant versions in - or use emulate to override.

chovy

ok. i 'm not going to mess around with this. I've already screwed my forum trying to remove a mod. Now it's broken completely.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ob_piwik_analytics() (previously declared in /home/

Night09

When two people who could actually code SMF from the ground up tell you something will work its usually a good indication that something will work. ;)

Arantor

OK, that mod means you've installed the code twice somehow. Go through the files modified by the mod (IIRC it's QueryString.php) and look for ob_piwik_analytics() being declared twice, and then remove one of them.

chovy

Quote from: nightbre on July 27, 2012, 08:31:55 PM
When two people who could actually code SMF from the ground up tell you something will work its usually a good indication that something will work. ;)

eh?

Arantor

What he's saying is that Kindred and I have a number of years of experience with PHP between us and know enough about SMF and PHP to know when something should work as expected.

chovy

I understood that part, i'm just not sure why he said it.

Advertisement: