News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Mod to change number of Views

Started by Johnny B, August 07, 2012, 07:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny B

Is there a mod or a way to change the number of views a post displays?

Chas Large

I can't find any by doing a search. It would mean hacking the database in some way or you could simply edit your database via your control panel/phpMyAdmin or similar.

I have to ask why you want to change the count?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Johnny B

To appear as if there is more traffic to help kick start. Thanks for looking

Chas Large

Then I regret that you're fooling yourself and prospective members as they won't thank you for lying to them about the number of reads each topic has had. Try harder with SEO.

I'm done here.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Johnny B

no one visits a dead forum but thanks anyway

Chalky

I'm afraid fake views are more harmful than that.  If topics have a disproportionate number of views to posts it just makes it look like a boring topic that nobody wants to reply to.  I imagine that all those who have looked before were disappointed so I won't even bother looking.

It's posts that make your forum look busy, not views.  Make some good quality posts and the views (and the replies) will take care of themselves.

Advertisement: