News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can I add google's Adsense to my free forum???

Started by Jimmyz-25, August 06, 2012, 08:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmyz-25

Can I add google's Adsense to my free forum? If yes, how??
likeabossz.net84.net
This is my forum :)

Arantor

You could add it but it won't make you any money at all. You actually need some real content there that people would want to pay for ads.

Jimmyz-25

hi there :) I just created the forum, my idea was if I manage my forum nicely and get more visitors throughout time. And while Google's Adsense is on my forum's website. I might be able to get a few clicks from the visitors and earn some money???

Arantor

Even if you get clicks, you're not going to earn any money out of them until you have a decent amount of content, that advertisers are willing to pay for.

I find forums generally aren't going to make any money until they have a good couple of thousand posts.

Jimmyz-25

I see... so that means I must get a bunch of visitors before I can earn money using Google Adsense.. Once there are lots of visitors, the content should then be increasing at a good speed! Or "content" doesn't include visitors's posts/threads? I always thought Forums are the best place to add Google Adsense...since people come visit often... sigh :-(

Arantor

Yes, content includes all posts and threads.

Here's the thing: the amount advertisers are going to pay (and how much you get out of that) depends on the content. Good content means you're going to get people willing to pay more, simple as that.

Running a forum successfully is hard work - I guarantee you, you will not magically be able to start a forum and then sit back and make a profit, you have to keep putting work in.

Most forums, even those that actively try and monetise, never make their hosting costs back, let alone a profit.

Jimmyz-25

that's true... perhaps forum isn't the right place to add Google Adsense..
I wonder if there's a better place for Google Adsense...

Arantor

It wouldn't matter.

You STILL have to have good content to generate payment for ads. Whether that's a forum or a blog, or whatever, you have to still put in a decent amount of work to have content good enough to actually make money.

Orangine

not to mention Google will never accept your site for Adsense if it won't offer the visitors anything

Texan78

I think you might be misunderstanding what others are saying. A forum is a great place for AdSense, it will just take some time to get your forum started and generating content and visitors. To do that it will take some work. With great SEO and advertising on your part to get the word out of your forum is all you need to drive traffic to your site. Depending on the kind of forum you're running it could take a year, maybe less, maybe more to get it running efficiently. Not every forum is successful or has a lot of content and visitors but if it does it can make and good chunk of change if it is run right and with a lot of hard work. I am not sure what the last comment meant about Google will never accept your site. You can put AdSense on your site now with zero traffic or content. Doesn't mean you will make anything right away but it doesn't hurt to have it anyways for when the visitors and content does come. On all the forums I have ran in the past and currently I've never made less then $500 a month on them but you have to work hard and get a solid member base and content. Now it just runs itself because it is established and it will generate on its own.

So go ahead and put it in place so it's there and it's not something new and then work on your SEO and advertising of your site. Over time it will build and generate some funds.

Orangine

again:
Quote from: Orangine on August 06, 2012, 09:32:15 AM
not to mention Google will never accept your site for Adsense if it won't offer the visitors anything

Texan78

Quote from: Orangine on August 06, 2012, 10:09:07 AM
again:
Quote from: Orangine on August 06, 2012, 09:32:15 AM

Would you care to elaborate on that?

Orangine

the times when google accepted all websites all long gone, if you apply for adsense and have little or no content, the google will simply refuse you to be adsense partner

mrintech

Quote from: Arantor on August 06, 2012, 08:23:34 AM
Even if you get clicks, you're not going to earn any money out of them until you have a decent amount of content, that advertisers are willing to pay for.

This is the case when Ad slots are made target table to advertisers (Placement targeting)

Google AdSense will still show ads based on keywords present on the page (Contextual targeting), but the CPC may vary a lot.

http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=9713

@OP for earning good bucks with your forum, you need to generate good content as well as traffic :)

Texan78

I think you may have a misunderstanding of how that works. They have only just cracked down on the requirements to limit and get rid of link farms. You can have very little content and still have AdSense. Google asks that your site be TLD (Top Level Domain) not a site in the subdomain, www.yoursite.com/forum for example. Proper SEO with search engines visiting your site regularly will validate it as traffic. They are also looking for age of site and domain. Longer your site has been online and the longer you're domain is registered the better. Generally 6 months or longer is sufficient. Spammers generally only register domains for one year. Link backs to your site or forum is good for validation if from valid sources. Social Network will also validate your site, so get your forum involved with Social sites. They just want to confirm your site is not a link farm and you're not a spammer. Content does help but it's not going to deny you from using AdSense. Google will not turn away business from a valid site period. Especially if the content has the potential to grow over time.

Arantor

It doesn't matter. Advertisers are still paying, and they're still paying to be placed on relevant sites if at all possible - they pay more for relevant sites. Consequently you also have to have that relevant content if you actually want to see any of the money Google takes.

Remember, Google is a multi-billion dollar company and they make that from selling ads. They don't make that by paying out ad revenue...

And yes, Google can and does bar sites from using AdSense. More than one site has been mentioned here for being forbidden from AdSense for content-related issues, not fraud-related issues.

Texan78

Quote from: Arantor on August 06, 2012, 11:32:34 AM
And yes, Google can and does bar sites from using AdSense. More than one site has been mentioned here for being forbidden from AdSense for content-related issues, not fraud-related issues.

Not from having limited content, I can assure you that and I am 210% positive it had to do with something breaking other TOS agreements and not from limited content.

One thing everyone is forgetting is they play for clicks, not for impressions. So if a Ad is displaying on a site with no content or limited visitors the advertiser is not being charged. So no harm, no foul. As a Advertiser I would want my ads showing up as many times as possible regardless of the traffic a site may or may not receive. The more impressions, the better the chances of my site or product being seen. That's from a Advertisers POV, and if I was a Advertiser I would be pissed if Google was limiting my impressions. So therefor it doesn't happen that way.

Arantor

QuoteNot from having limited content, I can assure you that and I am 210% positive it had to do with something breaking other TOS agreements and not from limited content.

And I'm 210% positive you weren't reading my posts properly. They review sites before accepting them and if the site falls foul of their rules, it won't be accepted. There HAVE been sites blocked for not having enough acceptable content. Not enough *ACCEPTABLE* content is NOT THE SAME as limited content. Limited content is fine, just that it's a waste of effort.

Texan78

Quote from: Arantor on August 06, 2012, 12:59:37 PM
QuoteThere HAVE been sites blocked for not having enough acceptable content. Not enough *ACCEPTABLE* content is NOT THE SAME as limited content. Limited content is fine, just that it's a waste of effort.

Other was saying "little or no content" which is not true. You personally just stated others were rejected for content-related issues, not that they didn't have acceptable content. That has already been established as I stated they want to make sure you're NOT a SPAMMER. Read the brief guidelines I state a few posts back. What I am saying is YOU WON'T BE REJECTED for little or no content. Just has long as you meet their standard requirements to validate your site that it's not a spammer.

I have another forum I am launching next month that has ZERO content on it right now and I've had AdSense on it since January and had ZERO problems adding it. If a sit is getting rejected it is because of other reasons NOT because of content.

Don't confuse this as I am saying you don't need content for it to be successfully because as I already stated earlier, you do. You just won't be penalized from Google as others are stating if you do not have content. The more content, the better.

Arantor

*shrug* The very first - and last - time I ever set up AdSense, I was initially rejected for not enough content, though that was some years ago.

Advertisement: