News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

No One Can Login To Forum.

Started by Droid2875, August 06, 2012, 08:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangine

either in cPanel or by editing your htaccess file

Droid2875

Yea see I have edited both already and the same thing happens.

Orangine

you have to edit ONE of them, not both

Droid2875

What I meant was that I tried editing one and it didn't work and then i edited the other while putting the other back and it didn't work.

Orangine

Then you're definitely doing something wrong. I'm afraid I'm not going to guess what is/was in your htaccess and you're not making the whole thing easier for us by not providing us with details.

Droid2875

I have no problems showing you my .htaccess files or what you need.

RewriteEngine On
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteBase /
Rewrite ^index\.php$ - [L]
Rewrite %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
Rewrite %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

Droid2875

Here is the .htaccess from the forum directory

# PRETTYURLS MOD BEGINS
# Pretty URLs mod
# http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
# .htaccess file generated automatically on: October 22, 2011, 21:23

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /forum

# Rules for: topics
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*|msg[0-9]*|new)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

# PRETTYURLS MOD ENDS

I have tried removing this one as well and rewriting it as the default one that I just showed you and it doesn't work either.

Orangine

there's nothing there about www/non-www
add this after the first line if you want to redirect all www traffic to non-www:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(.*)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://%1/$1 [R=301,L]

edit: so many posts and you never EVER mentioned you're using pretty urls mod. Why you're making it so difficult to help you?

Droid2875

I honestly forgot. Please forgive me. I have cancer and am going through chemo and I am not always feeling so well.

Orangine

Oh, I'm not upset, but I think you may be at this point, sorry if I sounded too harsh, I hope you'll get better! Try adding my code after "RewriteEngine on"

Droid2875

Orangine

try putting it in the main .htaccess, not the one in /forum

Droid2875

I am sorry but the issue remains. I have done exactly as you have said. The code you have given me is now in the main .htaccess file.

Orangine

got to go now, if you still cannot figure it out, what do you say for PMing me ftp details and I will have a look myself?

Droid2875

That's fine by me. Just so you know it does the exact same thing with the inability to login. It just redirects back to the login page and considers me and everyone else a guest.

Shambles

This is a lonnnng shot, but try logging into your db via phpmyadmin (or whatever you use from your cpanel) and inside table smf_settings (assuming smf_ is your db prefix) change the variable globalCookies from 0 to 1.

That might just force your installation to use subdomain independent cookies.

Long shot, as I said.

Droid2875

I cannot find that anywhere. I searched and zero results came back.

Droid2875

Can any one PLEASE assist me? My forum has been down for days now and I am losing a lot of traffic and my members are getting upset. I am simply out of ideas and I have tried everything that people have said to do here.

ziycon

Hi Droid, pm me your ftp login details and I'll have a look now.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Orangine

I'll have another go if you don't mind, will report shortly

Advertisement: