News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Scrolling Buttons

Started by Bugo, August 09, 2012, 12:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

Link to the mod

Nice buttons for quick scrolling of your forum's pages.

You can enable/disable these buttons at Configuration => Themes and layout => Member options or for each member separately, via Profile => Look and Layout

BaghdadGhost

Hi Bugo,

how to make it work with custom theme?

thanks

Bugo

It works with custom themes.

BaghdadGhost

it does not on mine. Is it because I have another similar mod installed? I disabled it though. let me try uninstall it and see how things go.

Jessica.

Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

mgrmgr

A good mod, thank you.

But (sorry) as usual for me I have two suggestions.

a) enable (rather implement) such buttons also in other areas of the forum. There are a lot of places (f.x. in the Admin-areas) where  I sorely miss such a scroll help (browse modifications to the version change at the bottom of that page)

b) can you put a changelog in the description/readme text? As of now I have to dig in the changes just to find out that don't need the correction of a typo which I corrected already for my installation.

But thank you as well :)

Bugo

a) Did you try new version?
b) I don't like changelogs :)

mgrmgr

Quote from: Bugo on September 17, 2012, 08:20:00 AM
b) I don't like changelogs :)

a) Because there is no change log I did not yet know there was such a change in V 0.2.0.2 :)

b) well - me too (when writing) for reading see a)

mgrmgr

Quote from: Bugo on September 17, 2012, 08:20:00 AM

I did today - Just hugs and thank you

teos55

Bugo,

I know this topic is old, but is it possible to place the buttons somewhere near the bottom right corner ?

A very handy tool indeed, thanks.

OCJ

I used a friends iPad while on holiday to access the site and some problems with SMF and the scroll buttons - they didnt work. If you don't have one I guess its hard to test.
The iPad was 2 or 3 years old - thats all I know. The scroll buttons just stuck at the top of the template and didnt move down as they usually do.

pocttopus

What is today's update?
Also it would be awesome if there is an option to change color with css style's instead of using .png file's for 2.1rc2 version.

Bugo

Quote from: pocttopus on June 29, 2020, 04:07:49 AM
What is today's update?
Fixes for SMF 2.0.x.

Quote from: pocttopus on June 29, 2020, 04:07:49 AM
Also it would be awesome if there is an option to change color with css style's instead of using .png file's for 2.1rc2 version.
Thanks for your idea. I'll think about that.

Bugo

v0.6, smf21
Experimental version, uses CSS only, without sprites, without JS.

pocttopus

Amazing.
It works v0.6 on smf 2.1rc2.  ;)
Thanks! :)

pocttopus

So, what's the latest update? It's still the latest version.

FrizzleFried

FEATURE REQUEST: I have some users who love these buttons.  I also have some users who continually complain they clutter up the look.  If would be incredible if you were to add functionality to allow users to choose if they want to see the buttons or not in their profile.  Any chance they could happen one day?

Bugo

FrizzleFried

If you're in the mood to take requests...

:)

... there is different form software that uses buttons that look almost like yours... but they locate the buttons at the bottom right rather than centered right.  An option to choose location (top/middle/bottom) would be pretty darned great too.

:)

Thank you for doing what you do. 

chadon

Hi, I have been using this mod for a long time but with the last version some users under Android or Mozilla browsers have issues with the arrows' display.

Advertisement: