Out of control banning

Started by wtbwtb, August 13, 2012, 02:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtbwtb

Hello all.

I'm beyond confused as to why my forum refuses to allow some people to access the forum.  After doing some research here I decided that it must be the IP address Ban Triggers we had on the site.

I removed all of the ban triggers and had a previously "banned" person attempt to view the site again.  He continues to receive the error: "Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!  This ban is not set to expire".

How did I goof things up so bad that I'm banning people that never visited the site before?

Thanks!

Colin

Ask him to clear his temporary browsing data such as cache and cookies.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

wtbwtb

Thanks a million for the reply.

I had the guy who is banned clear his cookies and cache.  He complied.

He reported: "I cleared my cookies and history and it allowed me to try to register and see the site again.  However after I answer the last question I still get this: Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!"

Joseph H

Mmh... Do u have any Security Mod?
Cheap webhosting +24 hours

Colin

Would you mind listing the mods you have installed?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

wtbwtb

The only Mod is Ad Management 2.3.1

kat

Just an "Off-the-wall" thought...

Have to emptied the file cache, in Admin>Forum maintenance?

Bit of a long-shot. But...

wtbwtb

Just emptied the File Cache.  Will report back when banned folks try again.

Thanks!

kat

Pleasure!

It was a bit of a long-shot, though. ;)

Colin

Quote from: K@ on August 13, 2012, 05:08:38 PM
Pleasure!

It was a bit of a long-shot, though. ;)
I am not so sure, that would explain why it might be happening on a random page.

Colin

Advertisement: