News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Proxy Blocker

Started by simmaster, December 21, 2009, 04:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnglishRose

No one has posted here for a while so I'm not sure if I'm meant to use this mod or not but I need a proxy blocker to go with Forum Firewall and this had the most downloads of the two available.

I'm using SMF 2.06 but when I try to install the mod I get these warnings (in the attachments). Can anyone please tell me what has gone wrong or how to find out what has gone wrong?

Thank you

x

margarett

It cannot install itself due to one of several unexisting strings in index.php

You have to manually analyze that file and see if you can fix it ;)
Manual Installation of Mods
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

EnglishRose

I have no idea how to do that, but I'll take a shot at it.  ;D

Failing that, I'll just make do with Forum Firewall and make a sign saying "Proxies Welcome"  :P

Thanks for the help and the link.

margarett

Do backup your forum before you start! ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Mr Robville

Forgive me if it has been asked before, I haven't read all comments.

Is it possible to disable the error logging just for this mod?
When it was just installed, my forum wasn't indexed by Google yet, so it was off the grid. Back then it was interesting to receive a notification that a proxy wanted to login.
But now since Google has indexed my forum, a specific IP address tries entering the forum every hour. Therefore the error log gets cluttered real fast. I prefer to keep the error log nice and clean for any real or random errors.

Other than that I'm very satisfied with it. It works like a charm. I tried to enter the forum on different places and it worked everywhere. And when I tried to enter the forum using any proxy, I received the error message. Great work!
"What goes on the internet, stays on the internet"
...Except your forum database if you forget to back it up.

margarett

Yes, but you need 2 small edits to the code added by the MOD. Please note that this will prevent it from being automatically uninstalled if you wish to do so...

index.php, find:
fatal_lang_error('on_proxy');
Replace with:
fatal_lang_error('on_proxy', false);

Souces/Register.php, find:
fatal_lang_error('on_proxy');
Replace with:
fatal_lang_error('on_proxy', false);

Mr Robville

Thanks a lot, I shall apply the edit and leave a note about the change.
"What goes on the internet, stays on the internet"
...Except your forum database if you forget to back it up.

player.samp

This package is very bad. It destroyed my forum.

Advertisement: