Light WebPlayer

Started by Bugo, August 13, 2012, 04:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

Gryzor

Oh wow. This looks sweet, it could replace Aeva on my forum... any demos?

Ah, I just saw that it lacks one major benefit of Aeva... it can't parse plain links, tags must be used... could you make it auto-parse relevant links?

crustybum

Where is the control panel for this????

Bugo

Gryzor

Hello Bugo, any chance of further developing it to auto-parse links?

Bugo

If you tell me how to do "auto-parse" then big chance :)

SoLoGHoST

This is great Mod Bugo... perhaps Gryzor is referring to something like this:  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6266643/parsing-youtube-links-automatically

In any case, I think this Mod is Perfect!  I don't see how you can make it any better, cept if the player was able to do full screen, or if it played directly within the post itself...

Congrats!

Gryzor

Unfortunately, I'm not a mod dev and I wouldn't know the first thing about how to do autoparsing :) Maybe you could take a look at Maeva, which does autoparse links?

Or maybe you don't understand what I mean??

goofy2feet

Works great and looks good - like the video window and the discrete player for audio.

I have had one problem though when the following text :

"The Beach" (extract)

resulted in a player being displayed next to the words The Beach.

When I removed the quotation marks, the problem disappeared. Anyway, not a major baddy, but thought I should let you know.

Thanks for the useful mod.
Free Talk forums featuring DzinerStudios premium themes.

Tiensg

It will be nice if we can have a BBCode for this.  :)

goofy2feet

Free Talk forums featuring DzinerStudios premium themes.

tMicky

Hello, thanks for the awesome mod. I have been searching for something light and simple to play mp3's.
This was the only one that worked, after installing and uninstalling some of the bigger named mods.
So thanks, once again.

I was wondering, if there is a way to autoplay the mp3?
Does this only work for board posts, how can I make it work on the News Section and on the Shout Box?

tMicky

Quote from: goofy2feet on August 17, 2012, 02:51:01 AM
Works great and looks good - like the video window and the discrete player for audio.

I have had one problem though when the following text :

"The Beach" (extract)

resulted in a player being displayed next to the words The Beach.

When I removed the quotation marks, the problem disappeared. Anyway, not a major baddy, but thought I should let you know.

Thanks for the useful mod.
That's actually an attribute of the player. When Movie titles are in quotes or words that are also movie titles are in quotes, it automatically places a yahoo video link next to the word.

Bugo

Did you try add "autoplay: true" parameter in Subs-WebPlayer.php?
http://webplayer.yahoo.com/docs/how-to-set-up/

Quote from: tMicky on September 06, 2012, 08:43:19 AM
When Movie titles are in quotes or words that are also movie titles are in quotes, it automatically places a yahoo video link next to the word.
It's possible to disable too:
termDetection: "off"

Quote from: tMicky on September 06, 2012, 08:23:26 AM
Does this only work for board posts, how can I make it work on the News Section and on the Shout Box?
Subs-WebPlayer.php, find
if (!empty($_REQUEST['topic']) && $context['current_action'] != 'printpage' && !WIRELESS)
and replace with
if (!in_array($context['current_action'], array('printpage', 'helpadmin')) && !WIRELESS)

tMicky

Quote from: Bugo on September 06, 2012, 09:16:59 AM
Did you try add "autoplay: true" parameter in Subs-WebPlayer.php?
http://webplayer.yahoo.com/docs/how-to-set-up/
Thank you, now works in the News section too. Doesn't work in the shoutbox, but I am already happy. I have been searching for while, for something like this. Thanks once again.

tMicky

Just coming back to say thank you, for such an awesome mod. I have been looking for something simple that will allow me to have video and music of the day, on my board index, without being in the way. Your mod, allows me to post a link in my News section, that is neat and to the point. It doesn't autorun, doesn't take up space, and allows the user to click play and view or listen when they want. This has really helped me. Thanks :)

Tina11

Hi Bugo and all others!

I've installed this player two days ago.
It works fine, but it opens in the lower left corner of the screen. What should I do that the player is displayed in the middle of the screen?

Thanks,
Tina

madvex

Came across this while working on an SMF based band site.  Awesome!
Since it's a band site, it obviously needs music front and center...  this lightwight mod is perfect with its playlist capabilities and ease of use.

That said,  I'm wondering if there is a way to programmatically modify the album art that goes with each listed song.  Poking around a bit I found some info about changing the default and using XSPF for additional song details, http://yahoomediaplayer.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_link#Album_Art, but it's not really a help considering the SMF mod has no parameters beyond the base BB code link.

I'd be happy with just the ability to assign the band logo as the default image that applies to every linked song.
Any thoughts on this Bugo?

Advertisement: