News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Won't allow anyone to register

Started by papabill, August 15, 2012, 12:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papabill

When someone tries to register, they go through the registration (I have the verification turned off), and when they hit the 'register' button, it says:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

and no matter how many times they try, they get the same error message.

This is v2.0.2, right 'out of the box'

Thanks
Computer Help available:
Computer help: $52.00 hr.
Computer help while you watch: $92.00 hr.
Computer help with your advice: $152.00 hr
Computer help with your assistance: $252.00 hr

emanuele

Sorry to tell you papabill, but this cannot be a 2.0.2 "right out of the box".
The message you are getting means there is an error in a query, and that can only happen if you modified something related to registration.

You should login as admin and go to the error log, there you should find an entry with more details. ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

papabill

I checked the error log, and this is all I see:

Guest                                                                  Today at 04:11:57 pm
71.68.28.59                                                            a53f250da2960f77c6b185fc944072f6
                                                                       Type of error: Database 

http://sq1bbs.com/swapshop/index.php?action=register2
Database Error: Field 'games_pass' doesn't have a default value
File: C:/Apache/htdocs/swapshop/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 772 

The ONLY changes I made to the registration was to stop the verification code (I got the same error with the code, too)
Computer Help available:

kat

Have you tried the obvious and gone to Admin>Forum Maintenance and tried the "Repair" thing?

papabill

Quote from: K@ on August 15, 2012, 04:04:13 PM
Have you tried the obvious and gone to Admin>Forum Maintenance and tried the "Repair" thing?
Yep. So not being able to get it fixed, I wiped it all out and started over. Does fine now. Thanks
Computer Help available:

kat

Whatever works is good!

Thanks for letting us know. :)

emanuele

Quote from: papabill on August 15, 2012, 01:08:04 PM
Guest                                                                  Today at 04:11:57 pm
71.68.28.59                                                            a53f250da2960f77c6b185fc944072f6

The ONLY changes I made to the registration was to stop the verification code (I got the same error with the code, too)
SMF by default doesn't have any "games_pass" column, so you installed something or you used an old database or whatever and that was the problem.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

mehrtadbir

Quote from: papabill on August 15, 2012, 01:08:04 PM
I checked the error log, and this is all I see:

Hello
Please, Can you tell me?
How do you solve this problem?
The main menu was removed When I updated from version 2.0.11 to version 2.0.12

This problem was created when I downgrade to 2.0.11
تالار گفتگوی تخصصی متا    دفتر تلفن مشاغل   سامانه پیام کوتاه ویژه اعضای دفتر تلفن مشاغل     شبکه تجارت الکترونیک البرز

Illori

please open a separate topic for your issue, your issue does not have anything to do with this topic. also in the future please dont bump old topics.

Advertisement: