Domain

Started by happymates, August 19, 2012, 01:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happymates

So I have domain co.cc [nofollow] and I want it to say it but when I change page it goes to my host domain back.... my forum name is: happymates.co.cc/board/ [nofollow] as you see you it's co.cc [nofollow] you go there and click example ''help'' - page then it goes to x10.mx [nofollow]. What I need to do that it stays at co.cc [nofollow] because it's not my webhost wrong it's something about SMF configuration because my site works good otherwise with co.cc [nofollow] example: happymates.co.cc/ [nofollow]

Bigguy

Let me move this for you to a more appropriate board.

Shambles

happymates

Quote from: Bigguy on August 19, 2012, 01:36:00 PM
Let me move this for you to a more appropriate board.

Thanks, I weren't so sure where to put this.

Quote from: Shambles™ on August 19, 2012, 01:39:38 PM
Meet your saviour, repair_settings  ;)

hmm where I will upload this?

Bigguy

Upload that to the same place your settings.php file is on your host. Then point your browser to it.

happymates

Quote from: Bigguy on August 19, 2012, 02:01:12 PM
Upload that to the same place your settings.php file is on your host. Then point your browser to it.

yea I did this now my forum is mest up......................................!

Bigguy

How do you mean messed up. ???

happymates

Quote from: Bigguy on August 19, 2012, 02:22:32 PM
How do you mean messed up. ???

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare initialize_inputs() (previously declared in /home/runespaw/public_html/Settings.php:170) in /home/runespaw/public_html/Settings.php on line 198

comes this..

Shambles

Where did you upload repair_settings.php to?

happymates

Quote from: Shambles™ on August 19, 2012, 02:36:44 PM
Where did you upload repair_settings.php to?

My forum is at happymates.co.cc/board/ [nofollow]

So I uploaded it to

/home/public_html/board/

Shambles

Can you put it back there for a while?

happymates

Shambles

happymates

Quote from: Shambles™ on August 19, 2012, 02:58:43 PM
Quote from: happymates on August 19, 2012, 02:41:20 PM
My forum is at happymates.co.cc/board/ [nofollow]

So I uploaded it to

/home/public_html/board/

Yeah It's there ( '' /home/public_html/board/ '' )

I got my backup setting up right now so I am waiting answers

Shambles

Did you change the name of the file? I cannot seem to see it

happymates

Quote from: Shambles™ on August 19, 2012, 03:10:13 PM
Did you change the name of the file? I cannot seem to see it

I tested to my other forums: runespawn.x10.mx/ [nofollow] - runespawn.co.cc/ [nofollow]

But yea I changed name to Settings_back.php

Shambles

We're not getting anywhere here.

Whatever you renamed it to (ok, keep it a secret if you like, and it's not called Settings_back.php as I can't see that file) just run the thing from your browsers address bar and click all the recommended settings that the module has guessed at (they'll probably be coloured blue), then click "save" at the bottom of the page.

happymates

Quote from: Shambles™ on August 19, 2012, 03:33:08 PM
We're not getting anywhere here.

Whatever you renamed it to (ok, keep it a secret if you like, and it's not called Settings_back.php as I can't see that file) just run the thing from your browsers address bar and click all the recommended settings that the module has guessed at (they'll probably be coloured blue), then click "save" at the bottom of the page.

Still coming the same: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare initialize_inputs() (previously declared in /home/runespaw/public_html/Settings.php:170) in /home/runespaw/public_html/Settings.php on line 198

when I press ''save''

Shambles

So are you trying to fix runespaw or happymates?

I'm confused

happymates

Quote from: Shambles™ on August 19, 2012, 04:56:55 PM
So are you trying to fix runespaw or happymates?

I'm confused

I'm fixing happymates but I test it to runespaw :P

Bigguy

I have never seen that error before so we will have to wait and se what others say about this.

Shambles

To be real honest with you, you started this topic asking for help with this domain, as follows:

Quote from: happymates on August 19, 2012, 01:32:22 PM
So I have domain co.cc and I want it to say it but when I change page it goes to my host domain back.... my forum name is: happymates.co.cc/board/ as you see you it's co.cc you go there and click example ''help'' - page then it goes to x10.mx. ...

Now we seem to have switched to another domain - a test domain by all accounts.

Why don't we get back on track and ditch this diversion to runespaw; it's just clouding things.

- upload the repair_settings.php file to happymates.co.cc/board
- run it via your browser, making recommended changes as advised by the tool (as long as they look reasonable)
- save the result
- report back

happymates

Quote from: Shambles™ on August 20, 2012, 03:02:24 AM
To be real honest with you, you started this topic asking for help with this domain, as follows:

Quote from: happymates on August 19, 2012, 01:32:22 PM
So I have domain co.cc [nofollow] and I want it to say it but when I change page it goes to my host domain back.... my forum name is: happymates.co.cc/board/ [nofollow] as you see you it's co.cc [nofollow] you go there and click example ''help'' - page then it goes to x10.mx [nofollow]. ...

Now we seem to have switched to another domain - a test domain by all accounts.

Why don't we get back on track and ditch this diversion to runespaw; it's just clouding things.

- upload the repair_settings.php file to happymates.co.cc/board [nofollow]
- run it via your browser, making recommended changes as advised by the tool (as long as they look reasonable)
- save the result
- report back

co.cc works now!!!! thanks but do I delete repair_setting.php file?

Shambles

Yes you most certainly do.

Glad it's working for you.

Advertisement: