News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Installing mod error

Started by revail, August 26, 2012, 05:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revail

Ahhh thank you man!!a lot!!!!! :P
it works now all files are writable and all mods works...
(the old folder sources that renamed i can delete it?)

the temp folder that chmod it to 777 will be deleted every day?and i must make it again?

revail

man i go to install new mod again..

i installed it succesfully but is not working again while all files are writable...

maybe want again to re-upload the "sources" folder?

MrPhil

Quote from: revail on August 27, 2012, 05:58:08 PM
the temp folder that chmod it to 777 will be deleted every day?and i must make it again?

SMF will not delete the folder, but your host might be deleting it because it's a security hazard (world writable). You never make a directory 777 until you have tried 755 and then 775 without success.

revail

ok my friend...

Do you know why mods are not working while they have been installed succesfully without any error??

Kays

You're best to contact your friend about the problem with the mods. If they work fine for most people and on your local sever. Then it's probably a server related problem and there's not much we can do about that.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

revail

ok my friend :)

thank you for the help
Question:but why the simplecolorizer mod works?cause is with hook?

Kays

Probably. When hooks are used there's can be no file edits. At least in the case of this one there aren't any.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

dkpeppard

Quote from: Kays on August 26, 2012, 06:06:43 PM
Hi, welcome to SMF. :)

In the Packages folder, create a new folder named temp and chmod it to 777. That should fix that.

I hope. ???

I did this for the recent 2.0.3 security patch and it fixed my "You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!" error.  I was able to successfully install the patch after following Kays' instructions of creating the 'temp' folder, and CHMOD to 777.

Hope this helps others.

Advertisement: