Started by alsaka, August 29, 2012, 07:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsaka

hello all

i have SMF 2.0 RC5 what i need to update last ver

explane to me how to do this

Dzonny

Hello there.

You should do a large upgrade using large upgrade pack from our download page. Feel free to take a look at this page for more informations:
Upgrading SMF

alsaka

kat

Pay particular attention to the "BACKUP FIRST!" bits... ;)

alsaka

i have problem now im not install yet
bz ,  i see this msg     (The language files for your selected language, arabic-utf8, have not been updated to the latest version. Upgrade will continue with the forum default, english.)

its my language mother what can i do , im not start install

kat

The Arabic language files are here:

http://download.simplemachines.org/?smflanguages;lang=arabic

I'd suggest carrying-on with the upgrade and installing the language afterwards.

You HAVE backed-up, though, in case there's a problem, haven't you?

alsaka

yes  .  thx k@

i wil tring now

kat

alsaka

now , language is ok and i install
but in step 4 i see this error :
!!
Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again
:
i try more time  ( click here )  but see it again
i try server its work
cpanel / ftp working

alsaka

خطوة 1: Login
    خطوة 2: Upgrade Options
    خطوة 3: Backup
    خطوة 4: Database Changes  < -------- im here now
    خطوة 5: Delete Upgrade

14%

التقدم الإجمالي
0.3%

تقدم الخطوة
الوقت المنقضي: 25 , 49 ثوان.
Database Changes
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing: "Changing column names." (1 of 42)

!!
Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

this all i see

Dzonny

Try that step again, few times if needed, that should help though.

alsaka

alsaka

where the problem now .what can i do ?

fox1987

do i lose modification (youtube bbcode,facebook....) when update to new version,if something work on smf 2.0.2 and i update to 2.0.x ,is that modification will still work or not ?

Kindred

fox, do not hijack another user's support thread.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alsaka

i need solved this problem .. how ?

Table 'mondy_smf.smf_polls' doesn't exist
File: /home/mondy/proegy.com/Sources/RepairBoards.php
Line: 1379

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.2, while your database is at version 2.0 RC4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Kindred

well, does the table exist?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alsaka

i find this only in DB > smf_poll_choices.sql

alsaka

when i open > Forum Maintenance (Optimize tables, make backups, check for errors, and prune boards with these tools.)

see this

Database Error
Table 'mondy_smf.smf_polls' doesn't exist
File: /home/mondy/proegy.com/Sources/RepairBoards.php
Line: 1379

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.2, while your database is at version 2.0 RC4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

but my Forum its working
but
i need to solved this

Kindred

well, I don't know how... but it would appear that you lost a table some how...

open the full install package, find the mysql file and find the settings for that table, then run those in phpmyadmin to set the table up...
Слaва
Украинi

alsaka

Advertisement: