News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

My Template Files got Messed Up and Forum Wont Display

Started by stevob7, August 29, 2012, 11:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevob7

Quote from: Kindred on August 29, 2012, 03:52:08 PM
I have no idea what you mean by "red box"...

As for deleting it...  so, what I am assuming is that, after uninstalling it and adding your new theme, you went to the download a mod package page and tried to upload the simpleportal mod...   which you didn't have to do... the mod was still sitting in the package manager packages list waiting to be reinstalled from there.

Hello again. I cant seem to find a way to change the ''Epic'' logo on the top of the forum in the Epic theme i showed you. I tried replacing the logo.psd in the theme folder but it didnt seem to make any difference. Thanks

Kindred

the PSD is not the image used...   the PSD is the source that created the image file and was provided to you by the author so that you could modify the logo and then export it to a new image file.

I can't view your stuff, since I am mostly reading and posting from a mobile device.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stevob7

Quote from: Kindred on August 31, 2012, 11:21:19 AM
the PSD is not the image used...   the PSD is the source that created the image file and was provided to you by the author so that you could modify the logo and then export it to a new image file.

I can't view your stuff, since I am mostly reading and posting from a mobile device.

Oh i see, so could you explain to me in detail exactly what to do then please? much appreciated

Kindred

Since I don't know the theme in question, I don't know the name if the actual file... but I would assume it to be logo.gif or logo.png
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stevob7

Quote from: Kindred on August 31, 2012, 11:29:18 AM
Since I don't know the theme in question, I don't know the name if the actual file... but I would assume it to be logo.gif or logo.png

Yes its Logo.png and i just replaced the png with my own logo but its still thesameso what else would i have to do?

Kindred

clear the cache (on both your site and your browser)
Слaва
Украинi

stevob7

Ok i'm after doing that and now the logo wont show up at all. i also put this in the index.css and changed the width etc. to the proper 1????

/* logo / slogan
**********************************/
#logo a {
   position: absolute;
   top: 30px;
   left: 1.5em;
   display: block;
   width: 113px  !important;
   height: 70px  !important;
   cursor: pointer;
   background: url(../images/id/logo.png) no-repeat;
}

stevob7

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

stevob7

Quote from: Kindred on August 31, 2012, 05:26:53 PM
what is your site URL again?

The logo still wont show up and i was also wondering why i get the same install error with many mods. it says like it cant  ''load.sources.'' or something, any help please?

stevob7

Quote from: Kindred on August 31, 2012, 05:26:53 PM
what is your site URL again?

This is the recurring error. Surely there is a fix, Thanks.

12.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php               Test failed

Kindred

is that the error?   well, that is very different form a site error, you never said it was an error with mod installation... and obviously, you have not tried to search, since this question is answered multiple times in nearly EVERY mod thread, as well as being answered in the wiki

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Слaва
Украинi

stevob7

Quote from: Kindred on September 07, 2012, 09:09:35 PM
is that the error?   well, that is very different form a site error, you never said it was an error with mod installation... and obviously, you have not tried to search, since this question is answered multiple times in nearly EVERY mod thread, as well as being answered in the wiki

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

Ok i'll try all that, by the way my logo still isnt appearing. i followed the steps

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

kat

What did you put, for the logo?

There IS something there. You just can't see it.

If you move the mouse over it, there's a link to your forum, but no graphic.

Advertisement: