News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Page views decreasing

Started by tassie73, August 30, 2012, 08:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tassie73

Hey guys,

This is nothing urgent of fatal (I hope!) just curious as to why it is happening.....

The Page Views in the Stats Center will suddenly drop. For example, last night when I looked last I had about 2800 page views and this morning it is 916 for yesterday! The same thing has been happening on odd occassions throughout this month. I could not tell you if it has been going on longer than that, I have only noticed it this month.

Any ideas? :-\

As I said, not a huge issue at all, just a little confusing.

Cheers all

Chris

stylusss

That's fine. I find that my numbers fluctuate as Friday nears and peak on Sunday and Monday.
For top-notch server quality and expertise, visit CoreISP.net

tassie73

I get that, but why does it say for example on the 30th August at 10pm 2800 page views, then 6am the next morning the page views for 30th August say 254?

Like I said, no big deal, just curious

Chris

MrPhil

Any chance that it's a sliding window (last 24 hours) rather than a fixed midnight-to-midnight? Same date but different range of hours.

tassie73

Could be Mr Phil. I have not noticed if the previous day changes in line with the one that is dropping.

I will attempt to see if this is the case ;)

Advertisement: