News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Postloop Installer - More posts more activity more members!

Started by Jade Elizabeth, August 31, 2012, 11:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Link to Mod

NOTE: IF YOU WOULD LIKE HELP WITH ANYTHING POSTLOOP PLEASE CONTACT ME. Please sign up with my invite link and I will help you with anything you need, help you figure out a nice balance, give you tips and advice, and help you find ways to manage the posters you get. Please do use my link - that's the best way to thank and support me :)

If you want to use Postloop but are too lazy (or are somehow unable) to open your FTP, I come bearing a solution. Install my mod. It's hands free, does your washing, will marry your children into rich families, and much much more*.

Special thanks to Postloop for the help and the postloop.php file creation :). Please note Postloop does not currently work for PostgreSQL SMF installs, and what were you thinking using PostgreSQL anyway?! :P

* not guaranteed

My Experience with Postloop

Since installing Postloop activity on many of my websites has increased quite a bit. In most cases activity has doubled or tripled, and it all looks and feels natural. Initially one of my websites was making <50 posts PER MONTH! Once I installed postloop my posts went up to 100+ a month, even climbing as high as 1000 a month over time! (those are from real members!)

How do they do it? These guys boost your members posts by replying and posting new topics that they can respond to...which might just be the thing your forum needs to get really active. It feels natural and you can request they do not mention Postloop if you are uncomfortable with it. You control how much they can post and have control over how many points to spend a day. GIVE IT A GO! For $11 to try it out you can't really go wrong!

Usage Instructions

1. Sign up to Postloop.
2. Install the mod on your forum.
3. In your Postloop dashboard click "sites" and then "submit new forum". Don't worry about downloading the file, just click next and fill out the details for your forum.

If you decide to uninstall, disable your website through Postloop BEFORE uninstalling this mod.

Troubleshooting

IF it says it cannot validate postloop.php, double check your forum URL. If it still says it you may need to change the files permissions.

Please note Postloop does not currently work for PostgreSQL SMF installs.

If you want to uninstall but deleted the mod, you can just install the current one over the top then uninstall it, or delete the postloop.php file from your server (all this mod does is place the file in your forums root directory).

About Postloop

Postloop is an awesome paid posting service where you pay for points which are used as a currency for posts. Posters of your requested quality join your forum and post topics and replies, which your regular members can respond to...which increases activity.

Tips:
1. Try it. Buy the $11 package and test it out...I was REALLY happy and now buy the $25 package once a month.
2. Set your quality high....I had 11 people sign up in a day, posting HEAPS which was awesome...but if you only need a few posters then set it at where ever you want and check it every hour...when you have enough, set the quality required to 5 and you shouldn't get (m)any more. I did and I have had none since :).
3. Utilise the reserved points feature. I deposit into the reserved points and move 10 over a day with a max of 20 points....it feeds points slowly allowing a steady stream of activity.

Changelog/History

0.1 Initial Release.
0.2 Cleanup of Package_info to have readme's as files.
0.3 Added a file to CHMOD the postloop file for you, thanks to the SMF Customisers :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Adrian Malacoda

I was a poor homeless man with seven children and no home, but this mod married my firstborn son into a rich family and now I am no longer homeless! Can't recommend it enough.

Jade Elizabeth

Ha ha I hope for your sake, and those around you, it did your washing too!! :P
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Adrian Malacoda

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on September 03, 2012, 03:57:03 AM
Ha ha I hope for your sake, and those around you, it did your washing too!! :P
That it did, actually. It also did my drying, which I did not expect

Gryzor

I installed this mod and my life turned around. My boss started loving me, my wife did too, and an unknown uncle left me a huge inheritance. Also, my CPU overclocked by 400%. I suggested it to a friend who laughed and deleted my email. His wife eloped with his boss, he lost his money in gambling and while trying to overclock his CPU he burned down his house. Pass this on.

Oh, also, nice to see new mods from you :)

Jade Elizabeth

Ha ha thanks, I like this one cause now I will never have to touch it again! LOL XD

You guys made me laugh :D

Sudhakar Arjunan

will try this mod now. Good idea.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

kat

Good to see you're still mental, Lizzy. :)

Jade Elizabeth

So I just discovered, last night in fact, that due to this service my post counts have tripled across multiple sites!!

The non postloop members activity has increased because of the postloop posts giving them something to reply to. VERY happy and excited about this. On some sites this amount is small (averaging 20 posts a day from 6) and on others quite large a difference (~90 more posts a day from non postloop members).

So if you want more posts maybe look into this for a little while at least :D.

Jade Elizabeth

Guys if you use my invite link I will give you support throughout your Postloop experience, as my way of saying thank you to you for using the link, which you used to say thank you to me ;).

That means I can help you to:
1. Sign up and understand the system
2. Get approved to write on other peoples forums
3. Get your website approved and set up for posters
4. Help you manage your posters (including some types of advanced management that may require code editing, until I learn to make a mod for that too)
5. Help you prevent your posters from mentioning the word "postloop" (with the exception of shoutboxes)
6. Any support question feel free to message me directly, I'll help. I'm on there every single day :D.

The reason I will only offer this to people who use my link is because it's a lot of effort to do those things for many people, but I want to look after my referrals as best as I can. The best way you can help me is to use my invite link, and the best way I can help you is to help you get set up to post or receive posts and work with you to make that as painless and stress free as possible.

nend

I did Postloop on a older site of mine a few years back. Since I have been signed up with them for awhile your referral doesn't work, sorry.

I did install your mod on one of my sites and going to give it another go.

The results I had on the other site were good, I wouldn't say great but it does help and I believe the price is well worth it.

Jade Elizabeth

They've gotten better so hopefully you'll find it great this time! Just remember to add them all to the watch list or a hidden group and delete any post you don't want to pay for :D.

nend

I had one user sign up, however the post they made was questionable. They also didn't follow the instructions that I put up.

I went ahead and modified the queries in the script to validate if they followed all instructions in order to get the credit.

QuoteBefore posting make sure your profile information is up to date via the "Profile" link in the main top left menu, under "Account Settings" and "Forum Profile" in the top right sub menu. Only new topics will receive credit.

For additional revenue you are more than welcome to put in your "Adsense Publisher ID" in the "Account Settings" page. You will only earn revenue if you have "Only my owned sites are authorized to use my ad code" unchecked in your "Site Management" in AdSense account.

I believe since I posted the terms in the site description it is up to them to follow them.

Jade Elizabeth

You can't pack it in after one poster lol. Also best to keep your long description very short and simple as people do tend to ignore it.

What did you change in the script?

nend

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on January 11, 2016, 04:17:34 AM
What did you change in the script?

Mainly just the query and a additional check to see if they uploaded a avatar.

$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT id_member AS user_id, member_name AS username, topics AS posts, avatar
FROM {db_prefix}members
WHERE UPPER(member_name) = {string:username}
AND UPPER(email_address) = {string:email_address}',
array(
'username' => $username,
'email_address' => $email,
)
);
while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request))
$queryResult = $row;
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($request);

if($queryResult && $queryResult['avatar'] != '') {
$result[] = array('success' => 'true', 'user_id' => $queryResult['user_id'], 'username' => $queryResult['username'], 'posts' => $queryResult['posts']);
} else {
$result[] = array('success' => 'false');
}

$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT id_member AS user_id, member_name AS username, topics AS posts, avatar
FROM {db_prefix}members
WHERE UPPER(member_name) IN ({array_string:username})',
array(
'username' => $usernames,
)
);
while ($temp = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request)) {
if ($temp['avatar'] != '')
$result[] = array('user_id' => $temp['user_id'], 'username' => $temp['username'], 'posts' => $temp['posts']);
}

I have a topic count as well in the member table to hook into.

Siirist

Hello,

I am inquisitive as to whether this idea is workable on my forum, Your Sanctuary a place for Survivors of any type of abuse.
It has an entirely separate area for Friends & Family, and another area for Professionals.

Thoughts?

Be Well and Walk In Beauty,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

nend

Quote from: Siirist on January 12, 2016, 11:36:38 PM
Hello,

I am inquisitive as to whether this idea is workable on my forum, Your Sanctuary a place for Survivors of any type of abuse.
It has an entirely separate area for Friends & Family, and another area for Professionals.

Thoughts?

Siirist

I don't think I would be able to post much on a site like that, since it is about a real sensitive subject. Maybe post information, but that is about it. Maybe somebody on Postloop would be able to do it.

From what I gather trying Postloop for the second time that it has really slowed down.

What most forums need is members, differences of opinions/expression.

Don't want to take away from Postloop but another option is to create small groups and do a post exchange.

Siirist

Quote from: nend on January 13, 2016, 12:04:39 AM
Hello,

Thoughts?

Siirist

I don't think I would be able to post much on a site like that, since it is about a real sensitive subject. Maybe post information, but that is about it. Maybe somebody on Postloop would be able to do it.

From what I gather trying Postloop for the second time that it has really slowed down.

Don't want to take away from Postloop but another option is to create small groups and do a post exchange.

I know, right?!

I am the original creator from 2009 and even I have difficulty posting (wonder what to post).

However, (just thought up), I could just go on and post about my daily life and how the "survival" effects me.

Hmmm.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Jade Elizabeth

Hello,

Thoughts?

Siirist

I think Postloop could definitely help you out. There are many types of forums there, including ones for emotional support. There are also many Postloop members who are supportive or need support and I've never met any nasty ones.

The benefit of Postloop is that everyone who registers is a real member, they're your average people who like posting on forums and want to earn a little money as they do so. Give it a go, and let me know what you think :).

Quote from: nend on January 13, 2016, 12:04:39 AM

How can you say it's slowed down when you only had one member previously?

Posts exchanges are a lot of work, and they aren't going to help you out if you need posts but don't have time to post elsewhere. Postloop is great because you can earn posts by posting yes, but you can also pay for them.

Additionally you're paying for members, not so much posts, and every single one of them has their own opinions and are as unique as regular members. If you're worried about the type of members you'll get @Siirist I can send you a couple of links to where mine are posting :).

nend

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on January 13, 2016, 01:04:45 AM
How can you say it's slowed down when you only had one member previously?

Last time I used it on the first day I got new people posting new topics. This time around just got one user.

Advertisement: