Upgrade from 1.1.16 to 2.0.2 error

Started by asmith, September 01, 2012, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asmith

Hello,

I've done this several times on my local hard drive without any problems. Today I tried the real thing online and I'm stuck.
At the very beginning of database, upgrade freezes at this:

Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating and creating indexes..." (1 of 19 - of this script)

Updating indexes on "messages"...done
!!Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

and it just stays there. I click on try again and after some time same result.

PHP 5.4
MySQL 5.5  (old one was 5.1)
Database size is over 400MB.

kat

Do you have access to your php.ini file, by any chance? Most people don't.

Have a word with your host and ask them to set the timeout higher than thirty seconds (Even if only temporarily)

asmith

I have root access. I set max_execution_timeto 60. Also I edited upgrade.php and set $timeLimitThreshold to 6.

Still getting the same error and it is saying 60 seconds. Increase the value again? I don't think that's the case. The same db on my local hard drive passes that point in 2-3 seconds or less.

edit: tried 120 too, same thing.

Kindred

Something is screwy on your server....

I have a database well over 2 gigabytes with something like 2+ million messages. Yes, it took over 24 hours to complete the upgrade process, but it did so without any major timeouts like that...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

asmith

well the site is down and users have started nagging. if I can't figure this out soon, I gotta convert it locally and upload like 120 MB zip online.

Edit: forgot to ask, if I do the conversion offline, should I download my attachments folder and put it there? Or only db is enough?

emanuele

That issue could be related to the javascript automation.
Unfortunately upgrade without javascript could be a bit of a pain...

Yep, the database should be enough (I think I did it at least once).

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: