Some updates on SMF 2.1

Started by emanuele, September 02, 2012, 04:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxg

Yes  agreed..
I'm sure there is more than meets the eye, but testing Bloc's Coral theme and one of my custom themes , I'm finding the only real issue s are with the Admin section, the lay out is a bit messy, and the admin menu is bread crumbs, It looks like a matter of CSS on the 2.1, so I think I'll dig deeper and find out what a can on the differences

Other than the Admin stuff, The Coral theme seems to work well with the 2.1 alpha.
I'm thinking that the 2.03 or earlier themes will need to call on the admin.css that comes with the alpha.
because the same issues happens, if you load the 21.i theme with =out the admin.css :)
or any copy you make of the 2.1 default, I think I've mentioned this to emanuele in another post!

so if there are not going to be any big changes in the default theme, the conversion may not be so bad ...hopefully :)

After this I can check log errors if I get that far!

regards,
maxx

Mstcool

Hey, How can I get the latest (already reported bugs and fixed) files? I don't understand GitHub that much so yeah. :)

emanuele

I updated the first post removing the package and adding this text:
QuoteYou can download the most recent version of the code from github, direact link.
You can find the instruction on how to prepare an install package on the Online Manual, at the following page: How to create an install from repo

Hope that helps! ;D

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Mstcool

Thank You! It worked! And the bug I found in the old version was already fixed in this! :D (it was the pm alignment thingy). Thank You Once again!

emanuele

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Mstcool

oaqm

Quote from: Road Rash on January 08, 2013, 01:54:17 PM
I especially liked the addition of auto draft saving. However I could not be it to work either as the admin or a regular member. It was all turned on, permissions set to on and the default of minimum 30 (seconds I guess) was saved. But no matter how long I waited, the draft was not auto saved anywhere I could find it.

Same issue here.

Under Members/Permissions/General Permissions I have "Save drafts of new posts" and "Automaticaly save drafts of new posts" (NOTE - "automaticaly" is misspelled, should be two L's) checked.
Under Configuration/Core Features I have Drafts activated, "Enable automatic saving of drafts" is checked and a value of 30 is entered for "How often should drafts be autosaved?"

I assume I have missed a step somewhere?

All in all, I am lovin' 2.1.

emanuele

When you find a bug, please use github or the Bug Reports board, not this topic.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

iLhay

Wow it's so Amazing!

one disadvantage of smf is Theme!

I think base theme on SMF 2.1 answer all of my demand on Webboard scrtips!

Cheers!

gevv

ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

live627

Mstcool

LFrancke

;D  Wow, wow and more wow! I have installed the 2.1 Alpha and I really, really like the look and feel.   :)

I started being impressed from the start with the initial installation screen with its new look; from there on 2.1 was an easy sell.

Some of the new screen shawdows are a wee bit hard on my old eyes but I can live with that. Whom ever did the layout did a fantastic job. 

Many thanks for the new look and feel!

Antechinus

maxg

I always said I like and I'm working with it, everybody likes it, they just don't realize it yet!

And if I find something I don't like I'll try to fix it, customize it, if I can.

regards,
Maxx

Angelina Belle

That's the spirit, maxg! Welcome to SMF!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

-AJ-

Any further updates + any estimate release?  ;)

Mick.

Alright, i want to get my hands on this ;)

I saw on github a folder called 'other' with the settings.php in it and such.  Any reason why?

Arantor

Because Settings.php shouldn't be updated on a current deployment with the master copies. In theory you should be able to perform an install then sync the repo and (mostly) keep updated that way.

Advertisement: