Boards imported as categories? No threads or posts

Started by troop72, October 13, 2013, 08:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troop72

I have tried two times and both have failed. I need help to understand what is going on.

I started by installing SMF 2.0.5. Everything OK and after install was completed I uploaded both files (smf_2-0_vbulletin37_converter) needed to convert from Vbulletin Version 3.8.4.

I didn't do any changes at SMF. I run convert.php and didn't got any error message and it said it was successful.

After that I've logged in as admin and went to Admin > Forum Maintenance > Recount all forum totals and statistics

I have same number of members and each member has same number of posts.

But I don't see boards, threads or posts.

When I go to Admin > Forum > Boards I have there all vB boards as categories (?!?). But they don't appear on site because those categories don't have any board created for them. And so I don't have any thread or post visible.

If I go to MySQL everything was imported right. I see threads and posts and they are the same number as they were on vB.

What can be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

margarett

I cannot tell what happened in your conversion, sorry. Can I have a look at your database? Because there's no way that:
Quoteeverything was imported right.
and
QuoteI have there all vB boards as categories
Categories, boards, topics and posts all have different tables in the database... If the boards are in its place, they cannot show to you as categories in admin...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: