SMF 2.1 Alpha 1 Testing

Started by rocknroller, September 07, 2012, 11:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocknroller

Very cool great work, Congrats  8)

Since it's alpha in good spirit to help on the road to a stable version. I'll report some issues.

1. Shadow on forum title is little to dark so it's look it's double, I see it's CSS3 alpha transparency, maybe to put little more transparency on black.
2. When you click on "View the most recent posts on the forum." remove button icon (red X) is few pixels lower then others, see attached picture.
3. Main menu buttons look very nice, but transition effect on it can cause counter effect, when you move cursor from left to right over buttons that cause delay in hover color. Can looks like it's computer machine too slow to load.
4. Several errors in error log.
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member rocknroller
Reverse chronological order of list Today at 03:30:50 pm
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 127.0.0.1 
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session c2c922568898f99098ee9135c88dcefa
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message 8: Undefined index: hooks_exist
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://localhost/SMF2.1/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=general;f0badc39a07=c2c922568898f99098ee9135c88dcefa
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: C:/xampp/htdocs/SMF2.1/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 162
5. New icons are very cool.
6. I like drop down panel when you hover user name in post its awesome, maybe you can do similar on board index look at attachments what I mean but in theme style.
7. Drafts is awesome, Maybe you can make User control panel other place then profile, where user can manage and track  useful notifications, drafts.

Very Cool Job Indeed.  :)

EDIT:

emanuele

Thanks for the reports.

1. is not my field...
2. okay, should try to remember
3. probably it's because of the (intended) delay on the disappear of the dropdown
4. already fixed somewhere
6. don't know, not my field
7. not sure what you mean...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

rocknroller

7. I mean something like Vbuletin user control panel. It's very cool feature, not because VB have that just it's useful and cool.

Imagine one page where all forum members and users can view their own related information. Information about if there new reply to their topics. Where they can see all subscribed topics. There should see and manage their drafts...

Separate some features from user profile and add some new.

emanuele

This is a feature request so I'd suggest you to open a topic in the other section.

Additionally, please, "separate some features and add some new" is not a description.
The better you describe something the more chances you have others understand what you want.
Examples like "something like VB" are basically useless too because it's about 4/6 years I don't open a VB forum, so I have not the slightest idea what VB has or does...sorry.

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

rocknroller

Quote from: emanuele on September 14, 2012, 09:29:24 AM
This is a feature request so I'd suggest you to open a topic in the other section.

Additionally, please, "separate some features and add some new" is not a description.
The better you describe something the more chances you have others understand what you want.
Examples like "something like VB" are basically useless too because it's about 4/6 years I don't open a VB forum, so I have not the slightest idea what VB has or does...sorry.

Ok, I understand, it's a bit Off topic.

Sorry, I got inspiration just when i start working on something. I am sure that I am able come up with some more good features, but for start I wrote original idea.

Maybe I'll start develop something like that and integrate it in MOD through Logo Off SMF®  themes.  :-\

emanuele

I can understand, I'm not very good at writing explanations me too... ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Arantor

I'm not sure what of these still needs to be fixed, so I'm going to mark it resolved and we'll tackle individual items if they come up.

Advertisement: