News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

HUGE PROBLEM

Started by DarkBeast, September 08, 2012, 08:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBeast

OK so I was playing with my forum , and I axcendtly set all my permissions to read me.  :-[ and know my whole forum is gone :( what can I do like everything is gone :( Please help me .

mashby

Not entirely sure what you mean by "read me". What exactly did you do? Admins are not affected by permissions, so whatever you did, you can likely undo it, but it's not entirely clear what you did.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

kat

A link to the site'd be a start...

Chas Large

My guess would be misuse of CHMOD ???
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

kat

With a name like Dark Beast, maybe he ate it!!  :o

DarkBeast

I don't know look go  to warofgames.tk or warofgames.x10.mx and no I didn't eat it. And now I can't even acess my forum. >_>

kat

On both those links, I get a list of the files.

All are showing as being 0k in size.

I think you'd better contact your host.

DarkBeast

No my problem is see how the folders turned into text files ! And u see the same thing cause they are the same thing . It all happened when I turned the whole forum to read me :(.

kat

Quote from: DarkBeast on September 09, 2012, 01:32:31 PMIt all happened when I turned the whole forum to read me :(.

To what?

Read me? What's that?

DarkBeast

Well on  the permissions I set them to read me.

kat

Read only? Read/write?

What was the CHMOD value you used?

DarkBeast

I think it was like 7 something like that but btw I just wiped my whole site and re installed the forum and the stuff still isn't working properly. Like I go to my index.php and it won't work it is really weird! I don't know what is wrong and my host wont reply back <_<.

kat

Try using your FTP client and set everything to 777, for now.

DarkBeast

I am sorry but what is that -_- I really don't have much experience with host stuff I am just learning but I sent you a PM about it.

kat

Basically, it makes everything read/write-enabled.

Not very secure. But, it'll prove if things are there and working.

I replied about getting FTP access.

Chas Large

Have a read of the following, they explain all you need to know about FTP and CHMOD.

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

How do I chmod? / what is chmod?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

kat

Well, everything's there and the file permissions are as they should be.

I think you'd better have a word with your host, in case your php.ini file's screwed.

DarkBeast

Those people haven't responded <_< I think I shall just switch host ;). If I can't fix it . For now I guess I shall mark as solved sence there seems to be no fix.

kat

When the files show, instead of the page, as it were, it's usually that file.

Mind you, if that file HAS got screwed, getting a new host sounds like a good plan.

DarkBeast

yah lol ok well thx anyways

Advertisement: