News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Integrating SMF 2 with SocialEngine 4?

Started by tnd1000, September 05, 2012, 05:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnd1000

Hello. I'm using a site running SocialEngine 4.2.2, and the time has come to find a forum. I really like what I've seen of SMF software, as it looks clean and simple. There were some old topics regarding SE integration, but I'm sure some things have changed since they were posted, and plus I found them a little confusing.

So my question is this: Is it still possible to integrate SMF v2 with SocialEngine v4, so that when a user logs into my SE site, it also logs them into the SMF forum as well? And how would I go about it? I'm not concerned about including the SE header and footer, though.

Thank you for your time.  :)

Ricky.

I am not sure but as far as I remember, social engine has its own forum plugin ?

tnd1000

Indeed it does, but I'm currently buildling this site on a budget, and SE's plugins aren't cheap. Plus, SMF has a much nicer look and feel to it, from what I've seen.

tnd1000

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you very much for the links, and I'm not sure I understand them entirely, but it's a place to start. :)

Advertisement: