Field incorrectly filled

Started by str4hler, January 30, 2013, 10:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

str4hler

Dear all,

Since some time fields are incorrectly filled:
-on admin log-in (see screendump) the password is not filled correctly and the username goes automatically in the button...
-on approving new members and/or changing user settings as admin, fields are shifting also, resulting in incorrectly filled fields

I have this bug only in mobile versions of Google Chrome both on Android and on iPad.

Cheers!

emanuele

Do you have the same issue with the default theme?

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

str4hler

Thanks for your rapid response,
yes, in all themes (since mid last year, but I did not want to complain to fast ;)

emanuele

In any browser too?
That looks like a browser issue TBH because SMF by itself doesn't do any auto-complete...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

str4hler

SMF doesn't do auto-complete,
but SMF defines the field-types that Chrome might interprete incorrectly, and then fills incorrectly.

I notice this behaviour also when Chrome on iPad interpretes an email- or search field correctly (keyboard "enter" button changes function from "Go" into "Search" etc on entering the field) and on some websites Chrome interpretes that same field incorrectly. I think this has to do with how the field on the website is defined. If defined correctly, Chrome will interpret correctly. And vice versa.

I cannot reproduce this in IE on Windows, and not on Chrome on Windows.
only on Chrome on iPad and Chrome on Android.

So, perhaps SMF should check how those fields are defined in its code?
(I am not a programmer)

Cheers!

Arantor

What's to check? The fields have been set up the same way for a decade, and myriad previous browsers with autocomplete (either extensions or core functionality) have gotten this right.

The field is named differently; in normal password cases it's set up as passwrd, here it's set up as admin_pass (because different functionality is required), and in 2.1 it's done slightly differently.

It's defined as a password field as it should be, so if it is autocompleting, it's doing it incorrectly, and I really don't see why we should change anything.

Advertisement: