News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.2 Not counting all posts

Started by LindaHT, September 11, 2012, 10:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LindaHT

For some reason the forum is not counting posts.  For instance I have 1006 posts and it is showing 813.
I do not know how to fix it.  Any suggestions

Many thanks
Linda

kingW3

LindaHT

Will try that ty, for answering me.

Linda

Kindred

also, please note that boards can be set to count (or not count) posts made in them...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LindaHT

Is there anyway I can make sure it counts all posts?  I tried the recount and that did not work either.
Thanks
Linda

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LindaHT

I did that to make sure it was set to count them.

Kindred

url and log to test?

oh yes... and mods installed?
Слaва
Украинi

LindaHT

SMFPacks Shoutbox 1.0.4 is the only one installed and the site is  www.taggingfriendz.com.
That is only thing installed.

Ohhh geeze just found the error logs.  Is there any instructions anywhere what to do about the error logs?
I have no clue.

kingW3

Can you grant me access to your forum(since i can't view anything without being logged in and when i registered i didn't get activated)
btw it shouldn't be anything related to error logs,if posts are showing and should be counted(boards settings) it will count them

Kindred

Hi Linda,  It does sound like you could use an experienced eye to take a look...

However, something to keep in mind
A reminder about admin / ftp passwords...

No offense intended to kingW3, but he only has 37 posts and has only been here for 2 months... he has not yet establish credentials on this site as a known-trustworthy individual.
Слaва
Украинi

LindaHT

I understand, but don't know how to go about getting any help that is trustworthy, and we are new to this and can't spend a fortune to look at it.

kingW3

kindred i meant to approve(i misused the word grant)as the forum has to approve an account before it can be used i just wanted to speed up the process.
Offtopic: And btw you miscounted i'm here a year and 2 months
Date Registered: July 06, 2011,

Kindred

you don't have to spend a fortune. Almost all help is offered for free on this site. Anyone who charges you should let you know, up front...

As for who to trust...   anyone with a badge SHOULD be considered fairly safe since we are all current or former team members on the simple machines project.

For anyone else - if they have a high post count, you can usually find some information on the site about previous assistance and whether the recipients are happy or not. If they don't have a high post count and/or are not well known, you take your risks...

kingW3... wow... you're right. Mis-read the year. Still.... 37 posts in a year? come, on, you're a slacker... :P
Слaва
Украинi

LindaHT

Kindred are u an experienced eye that might can help?  I have no idea what all these error logs are, there are hundreds of pages and I don't know what to do with them.

Thanks
Linda

Kindred

I can take a look at stuff for you, but not until tomorrow or Thursday.

depending on the errors, I wouldn't worry too much about the log... anything really severe would cause the system to gronk... anything less severe can be dealt with on a less than emergency basis. :)
Слaва
Украинi

LindaHT

Thursday daughter is  having surgery.  Can you send me email and let me know what you will need and when? Anytime, except for Thursday is fine, I am at your mercy, lol.

many thanks
Linda

Kindred

kindred at simplemachines.org will get to me...

I'd need access to an admin account and possibly an ftp account to access your forum files.
Слaва
Украинi

LindaHT

I don't have a ftp account that I know of. I am hosted on siteground.

Kindred

then probably access to your site's server cpanel...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: