News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Change of the display order of groups in the legend

Started by jsx, September 14, 2012, 01:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Hi, I have a suggestion as for Legend which it is possible to place on forum.

Currently it isn't possible to change a the display order of groups of the legend, it is only possible through to this alteration:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=219437.0

But unfortunately this alteration isn't acting precisely, isn't available up to the stable version SMF 2.0x

Are you planning to entering in SMF 2.1. option which will allow the change of the display order of groups in the legend?

Kindred

no...  and you can check out what is in 2.1 by downloading it yourself (alpha copy is available) or checking one of the test sites that has already been set up. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

It at any time will be entered this amenity to it is possible for itself to change the display order of groups of the legend on the forum?

jsx

Maybe some developer will give his opinion to my suggestion about groups in legend?

Arantor

I would be very surprised if this changed. The devs have not seen fit to change it for over 3 1/2 years, and I wouldn't expect them to change it now given rarely it is requested.

jsx

I understand, but the option of change the order to display the legend is very useful, it is needed, because now it isn't possible to change it what is not cool. I ask somebody of developers to consider this my suggestion and try to implement it, and if somebody of developers recognizes not needed it, I understand it.

Kindred

while it might seem useful to you... I would hardly say that it is "needed", since no one else has ever requested it...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

QuoteI ask somebody of developers to consider this my suggestion and try to implement it, and if somebody of developers recognizes not needed it, I understand it.

Let me put it this way, I'm a developer on another forum software based on SMF, that has many many many new things and I still wouldn't implement it.

kat

For the end result, it's like completely redesigning a car, just to make some fluffy dice fit on the rear-view mirror.

Not worth the effort involved. ;)

jsx

I understand this, it isn't that, I need something and it must be fulfilled, I simply think that it is a very useful option which enable to group groups for itself in the any place, now won't manage to do it, so as it to do? It isn't possible, to SMF 1.1x is modification groups of legend and there is a field in which written down a numbers: 1,2,3,4,5 of groups how supposed to be shown, e.g. group 5 can be setting on first place, so think about it, if you want, what I have to wrote I wrote, that's all from me.

Kindred

unlikely as a feature. maybe you can convince someone to write it as a mod.
Слaва
Украинi

emanuele

It was a bot Kindred. :P (post deleted and user muted)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: