News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF News fader

Started by drlowz, September 14, 2012, 04:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drlowz

Hello, is there a way to make the news fader show on all pages?  I have placed my google adsense code in there, and would like it to show on every page.

<<Edited to remove caps-lock in title>>

mashby

Why not put the AdSense code in the index.template.php instead? That would make it appear on every page. News Fader code is isolated to just the board index.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

drlowz

Im not the best at programming, but I have tried putting it in there but not sure where it goes.  I need a add after kinda thing..

mashby

Well, you have the code of course. What theme are you using and where in the page did you want it to appear? Another option is to use an ad management mod which might be the best route for you.
- James M. Barrie

drlowz

I am using the core theme....  www.unitedridaz.org and I would really like it where the smf news fader shows up.  Ive tried ad mangement and get nothing but errors for some reason....any help would be great.

hcfwesker

mashby

Brilliant idea there hcfwesker! :)
- James M. Barrie

drlowz

mashby

- James M. Barrie

drlowz

the kind where the site wouldnt even open, and then when I got it fixed it screwed up my youtube mod.  Im so frustrated.

mashby

I'm sorry to read about your frustration. Those aren't very typical errors that happen when installing a mod like that. Are you downloading the ZIP file for the mod, uploading it via Package Manager, and clicking Install, then Apply Mod?
- James M. Barrie

hcfwesker

Also, were there any Install Errors that showed up BEFORE you clicked "Apply".  I've used this MOd on all my forums and all my test sites and never came across any issue like that.

drlowz

No install errors at all.  Could it of been because I already am running the Youtubebbc mod?

mashby

I doubt the YouTube BBC mod would be affected at all by the Global Headers/Footers mod. Did you get that mod installed? If you did, in the Admin area will be the two fields that make it work. Headers for the top of the page, Footers for the bottom. You likely want the AdSense code in the Headers area.
- James M. Barrie

drlowz

the only mod i have on the entire site is youtubebbc.  All others I tried have failed.

mashby

I think the lack of information you are providing is likely not going to get us anywhere. When you say it's failing, how so? What are the specific messages it is displaying?
- James M. Barrie

drlowz

oK I got it installed, had to do it manually.  It does show in admin panel.  But no matter what I put in the boxes it will not show.  Am I still missing something?

mashby

Just curious as to why you had to manually install it? Wondering if you missed anything during that?
- James M. Barrie

hcfwesker

if youre using a custom theme, youll need to make manual edits from the default theme edits, to any files of the same name in your custom theme, pretty sure itll be the index.template.php file.  does anything show on the smf default theme?

drlowz

I am using the CORE theme.  I followed the install directions step by step.  When I add something to the box it says:

SETTINGS SUCCESSFULLY SAVED in green and then all the text in the box disappears.

Advertisement: