News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Keeps signing people out

Started by Krissnikkers, September 17, 2012, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krissnikkers

Every time I go into my forum I have to log in and so does everyone else even if they marked keep me signed in.  I had a search and found about changing the server local cookies options and clearing the cache.  I did that and still no joy.  It is really strange as it doesn't happen on here or my brothers which is also SMF.  I am using the latest version.

Thanks in advance

Kriss :)

Chas Large

Is the cookie stored in your browser the same name as the forum? I use FireFox, which allows you to see/delete individual cookies. If it's not then try checking the box for:

Use subdomain independent cookies

In Admin > Config > Server Settings > Cookies

My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Krissnikkers

Ok strange I have changed it over to subdomain and it works in Firefox and not Google...  ::)   why can't all browsers do the same thing?...

Any ideas on Google as it is totally set up differently to Firefox but at the moment have a problem with copy and paste since last update...going nuts here!  :D

Thanks for all the help

kat

Try going to Admin>Server settings>Cookies and Sessions.

In there, you'll see:

Enable local storage of cookies
(SSI won't work well with this on.)

Use subdomain independent cookies
(turn off local cookies first!)

Only one should be checked. Try swapping them over.

Krissnikkers

Tried both options one at a time and still didn't work...  :(

Gone back to Firefox for now and hope that they get the copy and paste working in a new update   :P

kat

People who use Chrome deserve what they get. ;)

Chas Large

What's Copy and Paste got to do with anything?

Is the forum software installed in the root of your website or in a sub directory?

Did you install the website yourself or is it supplied via a control panel option?

Another thing you could try is renaming the cookie, it might be clashing in some way with another one. Flush the site cache and your browser caches then reload the page.

Quote from: Krissnikkers on September 17, 2012, 02:59:14 PM
why can't all browsers do the same thing?..

They will - when pigs fly.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Krissnikkers

Sorry I am suffering with a bad back at the moment and painkillers mean I am not at all with it...  ;D

What I meant with the copy and paste was that I can't use Firefox at the moment because it won't copy and paste which is no good for posting pics and vids etc.  reported it to Firefox...

I installed via my Control panel with my hoster and it is my root folder so everything done for me....actually asked them to put it into their quick installs as SMF is a damn good forum.

Ok I will try renaming the cookie never done it before but I assume you can call it anything you like?  and then clear the caches.

At the moment probably best for me to go to bed and try in the morning  :D

Thanks for putting up with me

Krissnikkers

Ok so I risked it and changed the cookie and it WORKED!!!! *does happy dance*

Thanks a lot!

Hugs

Chas Large

Glad that resolved the issue ;D

Hope the back gets better soon (Steer clear of Ibuprophen pain killers, it rots the stomach ). ;)

kat

My doctor recommended Columbian Woodbines. ;)

Works a treat! :)

Krissnikkers

Quote from: Chas Large on September 18, 2012, 12:05:47 AM
Glad that resolved the issue ;D

Hope the back gets better soon (Steer clear of Ibuprophen pain killers, it rots the stomach ). ;)

I do use Ibruprofen but in moderation as they work damn well! and it is getting better at least not so stiff this morning!

Advertisement: