News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF2WPBridge

Started by vbgamer45, April 25, 2020, 01:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Myself no. Haven't used it in an actual normal environment. I mainly updated the mod so it could work on newer versions of SMF.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

rcane

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 29, 2021, 01:46:03 PMMyself no. Haven't used it in an actual normal environment. I mainly updated the mod so it could work on newer versions of SMF.

Well, how does it work in a normal environment?  I can start there.  I've got a few WP pages of content I'd like accessible from the smf.

I don't know any of the steps to use this.

[chrisB]

Does the Wordpress install need to be inside SMF?

I constantly hit this message when trying to locate the wp-config.php file
Your WP path is invalid! could not locate wp-config.php
Ideally, I am trying to use Wordpress as my site and then have SMF as a community extension. I have input the location but nothing seems to work.
I'm stuck in a time warp from the early 00's.

jsx

Take a look at this post:

https://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/topic,9879.msg43334.html#msg43334

Read my entire conversation with vbgamer45 and you'll get to the solution.

[chrisB]

@jsx May I ask if you tried with the latest version of WordPress?

I'm a little torn between using this or the Tiny Portal app, yet as a content creator, WordPress fulfils a lot more of my needs if a bridge works.

[chrisB]

@vbgamer45 It works with WordPress 6.1.1, but it looks like something isn't quite playing nicely.

I installed an older version of WordPress to test; it worked flawlessly (5.6.10) but now with 6.1.1 if I log out using WordPress it doesn't log me out of SMF.

If I log out of SMF, it logs me out of WordPress.

My error log shows this message every time I sign out.
It also shows this:
Quotewp-includes/class-wp-hook.php (Line 310)

Would you please be able to look into this issue?

jsx

@joey_matthews

I am not currently using WordPress.

[chrisB]

I am experiencing the same issue on another fresh install, this one runs WordPress 5.6.10 and the same error comes up when logging out of WordPress.

Quote2: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'rest_cookie_collect_status' not found or invalid function name

Advertisement: